2010 Cannondale Flash Carbon 3

chiswickcollectables

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've had this bike for nearly two years now and thought it was time to get some pictures and share with RB :)

Despite them being seriously uncool (in my opinion of course) I've been a Krackunfale fanatic for about 20 years and have owned probably about two dozen in that time. I'm not gonna bore you with the reasons why I love them but lets just say they've always appealed to me.

The Lefty... some love.. some hate. My first Lefty experience was my 2004 F800 which I was forced to sell in 2008 when I was forced out of work. I gave my F800 hell in the four years of ownership and it never let me down. I instantly took to the Lefty despite at first thinking it might be a bit of a gimmick.

Between 2008 and 2010 my cycling was restricted to commuting but then in May 2010 I shelled out for this from Noah's Ark in Stroud (old skool) and got back on the trails :cool:. So my Flash is nearly two years old now and I've covered a fair few off-road miles on it. I've made one or two upgrades from stock which has shred the weight down somewhat. I did get the weight down to just over 18lbs but now thanks to the Porcs it's hanging around the 19lbs mark. There are no reals plans for any further upgrades... I recently switched to SPD on my hybrid :shock: and I'm thinking of doing the same here. I'd also like to go for a real posh cassette when I have some extra quids.

The ride and handling is sublime. It will let you thrape the balls off it without any fear of it biting you back and damn it's fast; it doesn't matter how hard I push myself on this bike it just keeps egging me on to go faster. The Lefty is super smooth and eats all the bumps, turns and twists you aim it at... I urge everyone to try one.

So anyway I gave it a deep clean today and took a few catalogue poses and here it is...

DSC_6560.jpg

DSC_6572.jpg

DSC_6556.jpg

DSC_6565.jpg

DSC_6568.jpg

DSC_6549.jpg

DSC_6552.jpg

DSC_6547.jpg

DSC_6540.jpg

Thanks for looking.

CB

Awkward Kid":2qgct8vv said:
I like this a lot. Always fancied one but never took the plunge. You've got me thinking
AK take the plunge you won't regret ;)

tintin40":2qgct8vv said:
Forks with one legs just looks wrong to me. Just not normal :LOL:
There is nothing normal about it's rider either :shock:

chiswickcollectables":1ju07vg2 said:
Awkward Kid":1ju07vg2 said:
I like this a lot. Always fancied one but never took the plunge. You've got me thinking
AK take the plunge you won't regret ;)

tintin40":1ju07vg2 said:
Forks with one legs just looks wrong to me. Just not normal :LOL:
There is nothing normal about it's rider either :shock:

Why have you only got one leg? :LOL: :LOL: Look normal to me

so maybe you're the man to asnswer a few questions for me please? very nice bike by the way but i'm wondering how does the lefty compare to a regular fork? also can you tell me how it compares to a normal cannondale headshok fork? i'm hankering with the idea of buying a 'Dale but i like the look of the normal headshok fork better. Am i also right in saying the super fatty DLR is the top of the range normal 'Dale fork? sorry lots of question but cheers anyway :D

Back