cannondale badboy any good?

beechdaleboy

Kona Fan
just put a deposit down on a 2010 badboy disc.
are they any good?
has anybody blinged one?
best upgrades?

whats you take on them?

a friend of mine has one, low end and I was surprised by how heavy it is (only an M size)

looks awesome though and rides well - he uses it as his commuter

I've owned the Badboy in my sig for for two and half years and have clocked up some thousands of miles on it and I can honestly say it's brilliant. Being a Cannondale the original spec wasn't the best and I've had to upgrade it a bit (the original parts were OK tho') but that aside it has represented good value. The build quality is awesome (non US built), the welds are flawless and it feels as solid as a rock on my daily commute. Unfortunately I believe they're a target for the yute to rob so make sure you have somewhere secure to leave it.

saltyman has a Badboy as well, it would be interesting to know his take on the Badboy.

I have had one for three years as a commutor bike and have covered 6,000 miles. Mine is the 700c disc and has Sram, which has not been as reliable as XT shimano on my mountain bikes. The biggest problem was when the gear cable and plastic guide snapped inside the frame - BIG PROBLEM to sort!!! I suggest a regular change of cables before it snaps. Its also VERY, VERY heavy for a Cannondale. I would give it six stars out of ten :oops:

Attachments

• Daily Hack - Bad Boy 700c Disc.jpg
    Daily Hack - Bad Boy 700c Disc.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 5,509
Cracking bikes, I love mine.

I have the v brake model, and yes it's heavy, about 27lbs before I stuck a rack and bag on, do i care? Nope, it's still a flying machine and has never went wrong.....though its still not even run it at 1,000 miles.

Focus Planet is a dead ringer and IMHO is actually nicer.

But then I would say that wouldn't I?
fo12_planet_tr_60x_01_a00e6f306b.png

It'll do anything - single speed.Hub gears.700C and 26".

saltyman":34usvkyr said:
Cracking bikes, I love mine.

I have the v brake model, and yes it's heavy, about 27lbs before I stuck a rack and bag on, do i care? Nope, it's still a flying machine and has never went wrong.....though its still not even run it at 1,000 miles.

Mine has now done 5500 miles and please dont make the same mistake as me and let the gear cable and guide snap inside the farme. Trust me its a very difficult job to fix as you are never supposed to take the cable and sheath guide out at the same time, but i had no choice! My dealer tried to get a new internal sheath guide from Cannondale, but in typical Cannondale fashion it was not possible. I've just had far too many problems with mine and its a Boardman or Specialized next. :( In its favour though, its a very good looking bike that gets more comments from the general public than just about any other bike in my collection. :cool:

Back