2009 Cannondale Badboy White Addition Lefty

chiswickcollectables

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As I was taking some pictures of my modern MTB today I thought I'd show some love for my daily. It's the bike I ride the most but somehow seem to show the least amount of love... it's like a dependable old banger that fires up faithfully, no question, come rain or shine. I've been riding this to and from work for two and a half years, three/fours times a week, total round trip of 16 miles so clearly its racked up some mileage. It still performs brilliantly probably partially due to the fact that I have serious OCD issues when it comes to bike maintenance. The Lefty gives 80mm of travel which makes the potholes a little easier to swallow and it has an 8-speed Alfine hub which has performed flawlessly and has the added bonus of being able to change gear while stuck at the lights (secret RLJ ;)). Apparently an Alfine should be serviced after 2,000 miles but mine has exceeded that without any service (big bill due soon then). I've done a few upgrades from stock to help it loose weight as when it first arrived it was a little on the heavy side (thanks to the Alfine which is 2kg alone). Upgrades include Truvativ Team carbon bars & post, ODI grips, Hope stem, Hope ceramic BB, Izumi SS chain and some lovely light Panaracer Pasela's.

Got it looking nice and clean for some piccys and here it is :cool:

DSC_6594.jpg

DSC_6584.jpg

DSC_6581.jpg

DSC_6599.jpg

DSC_6603.jpg

DSC_6606.jpg

DSC_6619.jpg

DSC_6612.jpg

DSC_6609.jpg

DSC_6607.jpg

Thanks for looking.

CB

Paulb":18t3kjdv said:
nice bike. did you just cut one side off a fatty headshock fork ?

Its funny you say that.. I called up Noaks Ark bike shop for a Lefty service and that's exactly how I described it the the guy on the phone.

bit cleaner than my badboy :D

i have the basic one but its been solid since i owned it, never adjusted anything, its always ready for action, great bikes.

Back