1994 Orange P7.

Cheers for that mate. Have seen a few cracked fronts but not sure if they were the same model. I'm sure the hub body on mine seems a bit bigger?

Either way I don't think I'll take the risk so these will probably end up on my girlfriends bike due to her being far lighter then me!

cyclinggardener":3e856fks said:
OK cool, I look forward to hearing how you get on.

I took a wire brush to mine about a year ago and tried to clearkote it but it just rubbed off and the rust has come back with a vengence....

My nexp plan of attack is to use Dinitrol rust treatment, I'll let you know how that goes.

Cheers!

The purpose of the nickel plating is to prevent rust, should only rust if the nickel has worn through and the rust will then be attacking bare steel.

I won't be having a lacquer coating added to mine - it'll just be autosol'd and then waxed as the nickel seems very good. Just finished removing the lacquer on mine and will start polishing this weekend, although I had a little dabble on the chainstays last night (after i took these pics) and it came up "sunglasses are advisable" shiny! -

P1060457.jpg

P1060461.jpg

I can't see it becoming rusty as i wouldn't let that happen tbh. But if in a few years it becomes 'tired' looking, then I'll powdercoat it black as I love the black P7's anyway so I can't lose! :D

Back