Klein Adroit Storm Custom Finished

Jeez, there's a whole bunch of hatred in this thread... its only a bloody bike people :roll:

To be honest, this is the main reason that I just dont dig Kliens at all... too much poncification and snobery involved.... "ooooh, that one over there is in fact made by Trek, and therefore not a real one, unlike mine"... or, "ooooh, that one over there SAYS its an A*****E, but we who think we know better, know its actually an A******E, so we are better than him" :facepalm:

At least the OP's bike, whatever the feck it is, (and ultimately, does it really matter?), has got a boss paint job, some ace customisations to make it truely his own, and the bike is built to be ridden, and riden hard!

Good work Andy

Thanks,

Graham

TheFatMan":2niaa1o2 said:
what is so hard to understand with the frames and the names?

The 97 KOI Adroit is an Attitude frame. The Frame number under the BB will say it. Its an 96 Attitude "Framesize" followed by "T" for attitude, then the month and year 96 of production.

Its an Attitude frameset which was painted as Adroit. ...so what should happen from Treks view to the Attitude then? - Eesy: The labelled the Pulse Frames as Attitude and called them Attitude race and comp. Attitudes (as written on the frames) from 97 cataloge will have the "P" instead of the "T" under their BB.

And what should happen to the Pulse then? Its TREK frames with external cable guides...thats the story...

Adroits (REAL Adroits) with the "X" in the frame number don´t exist later than 95...the originally burgundy is the last one. And when the frame were out the painted Attitude frames with burgundy paint and put an Adroit sticker an the side...thats the other story. There was no production of boron reinforced frames any longer when KLEIN was sold...

again: Have fun with your Adroit-labelled - T stamped - Attitude frame!

We know all that but the question which i am asking is

if Klein built a frame and sent it out stating it was an adroit in 97 and sold it as an adroit and i bought it in its original state as an adroit then the question is do i have the right to get it resprayed and call it an adroit.

I satisfied myself on page 2 of this topic as to wether it was an adroit or not by stating that if klein sold it as an adroit in there catalogue then to me and the people who bought them they are adroits. I don't care what material they had in them or serial numbers before 97 because this debate is about this adroit not the anniversary or the boron back end one or the reinforced one. I don't care if it says t in the serial number or x or the whole alphabet, all i know is that i have the right to stamp this bike as an 97 adroit.

thanks (hope that clears things up) andy

unkleGsif":3nvgh9ce said:
Jeez, there's a whole bunch of hatred in this thread... its only a bloody bike people :roll:

To be honest, this is the main reason that I just dont dig Kliens at all... too much poncification and snobery involved.... "ooooh, that one over there is in fact made by Trek, and therefore not a real one, unlike mine"... or, "ooooh, that one over there SAYS its an A*****E, but we who think we know better, know its actually an A******E, so we are better than him" :facepalm:

At least the OP's bike, whatever the feck it is, (and ultimately, does it really matter?), has got a boss paint job, some ace customisations to make it truely his own, and the bike is built to be ridden, and riden hard!

Good work Andy

Thanks,

Graham

I will say thank you that man

unkleGsif":entlcnd6 said:
Jeez, there's a whole bunch of hatred in this thread...
Good work Andy

Thanks,

Graham

Agreed, why the stereotype stating all USA people are Grit and corndog eaters who don't know anything?

Ruthless...

With statements like that, the OP deserves what he gets.....

Ductape":3ezf918c said:
unkleGsif":3ezf918c said:
Jeez, there's a whole bunch of hatred in this thread...
Good work Andy

Thanks,

Graham

Agreed, why the stereotype stating all USA people are Grit and corndog eaters who don't know anything?

Ruthless...

I'm not going to get drawn into this, as I honestly have better things to do, but I will say that my comment was directed at individuals on both sides of the debate.... And I will also say that I sympathise with Andy to some degree, and understand his reaction, to constanting bitching from some people about his bike that he has put a lot of love and effort in

Right, I'm off to spray a Trek 6000 in KOI and call it a Mantra ;)

G

Ductape":piec9kzy said:
unkleGsif":piec9kzy said:

Ruthless...

I'm not ruthless it's the yanks telling me I have fake bike and then trying to teach me etiquette

unkleGsif":1qlfz34v said:

Good work Andy
Thanks,

Graham

Couldn't agree more. And then they complain that they (the Klein fan morons) are seen as snobs and poseurs. Sheesh, no wonder they don't win BOTM with their attitudes (or fake adroit? I don't know anymore!! Lol!).

It was sold and painted as an Adroit, it's been repainted as one, what's wrong with that?

Thanks,

Rob

any123":30fhfxew said:
Ductape":30fhfxew said:
unkleGsif":30fhfxew said:

Ruthless...

I'm not ruthless it's the yanks telling me I have fake bike and then trying to teach me etiquette

Point well made..See how in your sentence you categorize everyone from the United States (you use the slang word "Yanks") as calling your bike a fake. I am from the United States of America and I have not called your bike a fake. No it is not all the Yanks (People from the USA) calling your bike a fake, although there are a few people from the USA who want to educate.

Also for what it is worth, I don't think I have ever had grits in my life, and it has been at least a decade since my last corndog.

Funny that is what you think when you visualize American cuisine. Do you eat a lot of fish and chips or Sheppards pie? I guess that is what I visualize as UK foods.....

Despite the argy-bargy, it looks like you guys all know your Kleins.

Can anyone tell me which model this is?

I was pretty sure its a team spec Adroit with rare Sunburst paint, but some other people have told me it's actually an Inept (which are apparently pretty rare), and one guy even said it wasn't built by Klein at all !!! (which I find hard to believe given the decals and paint job)

Thanks - confused pudding-eater of Yorkshire

Back