1991 Yo Eddy Team Fat Chance - Aquafade

What Colour tyres should I fit to an Aquafade build ?

• Standard Black Amberwall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Butterscotch Amberwall ( as pic in this thread )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
.jan":1mm7dilg said:
Thanks!! I'll probably try this, too.
Do you already have a side shot of the bike? I'd like to see how the Ringlé stem looks with a cable hanger and the rigid fork.

sorry Jan, no side shots other than whats posted, haven't found a suitable hanger yet, will keep you updated though :cool:

Rick,

As requested :

Attachments

• IMG_2064.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_2070.jpg
    IMG_2070.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_2067.jpg
    IMG_2067.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_2065.jpg
    IMG_2065.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,015
Bit of an update after a change of direction with the build , Have dropped the black Syncros post and Cooks Cranks in favour of Silver, post and Grafton Joysticks.

Just need a silver (or turquoise ) headset if some one has one spare

Attachments

• IMG_2437.jpg
    IMG_2437.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 896
  • IMG_2436.jpg
    IMG_2436.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 896
Rick Draper":8azxn943 said:
Brilliant James.

When are you putting it together then?

Not for a while , have the small distraction of another 91 Yo to build !

Plus going to change the headset out , not to mention the allusive Grafton levers !!!

theredchili":3r1teekl said:
Rick Draper":3r1teekl said:
Brilliant James.

Plus going to change the headset out , not to mention the allusive Grafton levers !!!

Feel free to wrap it up and send it to me then :LOL:

Rick Draper":8e4yj2gj said:
theredchili":8e4yj2gj said:
Rick Draper":8e4yj2gj said:
Brilliant James.

Feel free to wrap it up and send it to me then :LOL:

mmmmm, you going to have to try harder than that to prise it out of my hands ! ,besides when this is finally finished, it will leave a massive hole to fill !!

A bit of an update on the Fade, this build has been on going since June 2011, I have been distracted by other ,easier builds.This Aquafade is taking allot of time to source the parts I want to build with.
It has also gone through a few spec changes as often is the case, when you try options, they don't work.The crux for me is finding some Grafton re-entry levers to match the speed controllers.None for months upon months, then 4 pairs come up in a couple of weeks :evil: ,but sadly they are going for stupid money, So am considering replacing the Graftons for Shimano's -we will see.
I have even considered selling this frame set on due to not being able to build the way I wish, second best will not do for this beautiful build (for me anyway).

Outstanding parts to finish the build are as follows :
Brake levers (sore subject)
Rear mech
Bottom bracket
Chain rings
Rims (the mavic ones I had for this build , I pinched for the Grello build , so on the look out for some silver Mavics or Camp rims.)

Here is the updated parts bin for the Aquafade, a silver and Blue combo, cannot decide on colour of seat post, have both silver and Blue options

Attachments

• IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_2831.jpg
    IMG_2831.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_2829.jpg
    IMG_2829.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 661
Back