2008 Specialized Epic Comp

EarlofBarnet

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Had a bit clearout recently in readiness for the 2012 season. Looking to carry on doing a bit more racing this year as well as a mixture of trail centre and natural riding. I'm a big Specialized fan, so it seemed right to stick with something I know. I originally intended to buy something new, but the specs of new bikes suck for the money, so decided to look second-hand. Luckily a fellow RB member came up with something that seemed to fit the bill of what I was after...

IMG_1428.jpg

Hopefully should be with me towards the end of next week :)

Initial changes will be the brakes and shifters. I have some more modern SRAM X7 shifters I can fit from my Stumpjumper. Have also just paid for a set of Silver/Black Hope Mono Mini Brakes.

Will update the thread when the bike arrives and I can start tinkering

:cool:

Got a couple of days off work so had chance to tinker with the Epic.

7f0f73e2.jpg

ec65a81e.jpg

Just fitted some Hope Mini brakes to it, will get some updated pics up later today. Also fitting some newer style X7 gear levers. With the Red headset I thought it'd be only fitting to have a Red seatpost clamp, so just ordered a non-QR one off eBay for £13.50.

First ride is tomorrow morning, really looking forward to it :)

You might be able to help... Always wanted to know, does anyone know how these ride compared to the very late 90's, early 00's higher end FSR's?
I like the idea of these ones, and your one is very nice :D

I'll let you know what its like as soon as I've given it a good ride out. I've not really got on with full suspension bikes in the past, so I'm hoping this will be a good cross over point between a hard tail and a fully active full suspension bike.

Just rode all three loops at Whinlatter. Bike is great! Climbs just like a hardtail and decends like a full suspension bike. Whats not to like! Really pleased with it.

IMG_1603.jpg

Back