My NOS Miyata Century

all three frames are exceptionally nice! althoug the miyata is super cool :shock: heavy blingage :D
not easy to build up but the old M730 XT is a good starting point.
good luck!

Dhphat":170u3914 said:
was this ever built?

Hi Dhphat,

I can tell you it is never built. I can tell you, because I know the Miyata enthousiast who got it from Erkan pretty well :roll: Yup, me :)

The frame is really minty mint. I were very excited when I unpacked the lil'Century. Erkan did a really great job on the packaging. Took me a day and a night to unpack it ...and I ended up will a pile of packing material about 10ft high :)

If you want to see a built one, go here => built Century

Complete with XT m730 (XTR didn't exist '90), Switchblades and Trimble bar/stem combo. It is my 'rider' (yes, I did ride it hard, but nowadays it is relatively pampered). I have no plans for building the little Century up. Because the current gold prices it lays safely hidden under the soil in my own Fort Knox

...no, kidding. It does really well as an Cool :cool: piece of decoration atm. But who knows! Maybe one day I get an 'eureka' moment when I see some sweet parts together and I decide to build it up :D

thats slick man! you don't see to many of those. I'd probably leave it over the fire place too, unless a perfect nos gold suntour xc pro kit fell from the heavens.

From the 1990 Miyata catalogue

Century11800h.jpg

Century21800h.jpg

After seeing the frame and Melvin's build I must say that the catalogue bike looks really bland and rather disappointing.

I know its the wrong period for the bike, but I can picture a gold Marzocchi Z2 Superfly looking the part on this frame, as long as the golds don't clash.

Attachments

• Superfly.jpg
    Superfly.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 741
Hi,

I do have brake boosters, chainrings, mech pulleys in gold ano. You would imagine it colourwise would match well with the Century

...TILL the moment you hold them together and you clearly see what is the real stuff :cool:

Latest posts

Back