My 99 GT Lobo-1000DH build (finished page 5)

Just two questions, as I will be rebuilding one of the Lobos sometime soon:

1. Where did you get the decals from and how much were they?
2. What is the size of the original seatpost? I remember something like 31.4; is that right?

Thanks,
Mx

Right I may have the chance of a NOS (I think) xtr 951 DH chainset.... heres the but... Its got the 48T chainring on it, do I go for it or look for something with less teeth? your opinions are valued. cheers Rob :cool: :cool:

Lobopaint.jpg

Picked up frame from paint today, so its away to the shop to get new bearings fitted to the swing arm and get the swing arm refitted.

Looks good :D I wish I had those forks!

I think you should lower the trunion on the shock body so you close all that gap between the upper stay and shock mounting bit. It will rub otherwise when you bottom it out.

The bearing/pivot tubes are sticking out cos you are just mocking it up yea? :D

How do I go about lowering the trunion? Also the pivot tubes are sticking out because it needs new swing arm nylon spacer washers fitted they will get knocked back home when the new washers are fitted.

Funny you should say that Mx another guy on another forum said the same thing so I've lowered the fork crowns heres a pic. He also said the crowns were way too high and the geometry was out,if hes wrong and you think I should put the crowns back up let me know.

Gtlobocrownslow.jpg

Any better??

You should prob have the flat crown on the boxxers, the drop crown was for the large bikes, not sure what frame you have there. If you have no water bottle mounts you have a small in which case you need the flat top crown for sure.

Turn the shock top and it will thread through the tunion.

Don't forget these bikes have a strange look anyway, always front high arse low :0

Back