1993 kona Explosif

ollster

Dirt Disciple
Thought I would post some pics up of my 93 Explosif, I have had it from new and used to race it back in the day, it's not in it's original 2 tone silver and blue as I had it resprayed around 1998, but still looks well on the trails today and up until 2 years ago I was still thrashing it around the peaks annoying friends on significantly bouncer bikes by keeping up on the descents!

1f380693.jpg

abaede28.jpg

My intention has was always to restore it back to its original color scheme with all the period trick bits I could lay my hands on, but since getting my cotic bfe I haven't really rode it and am not sure when I will again so am considering selling it... Anyway here is the spec from what I can remember:

• 18" 93 with Tange Ultimate Ultrastrong tubing with the fluted downtube

pace rc 36 forks (complete with grease gun and pump),

hope disk brake up fornt (disk mounted on a hope hub).

Easton carbon bars,

easton carbon seat pin with fligh titanium saddle,

suntour microdrive chanset with TA rings

Matching suntour xt rear mech,

loads of trick purple alloy bits including hope titanium skewers and also a few titanium bolts

Looks lovely in those colours to me.

Dare I say it, I think it would suit being built up with modern XT/XTR.

Nice kitchen, too. Off topic, but why do so many people photograph their bikes in the kitchen?

Rob

i have to admit, that paint scheme works well. The bike has a nice stance in the pics, good seat heaight/stem & bar proportioning etc.

Imagine how cool some purple cooks cranks would look on it?

ps; are you 'Ollster' that used to post on novaload?

Bean Head":3cnoy1bb said:
Nice kitchen, too. Off topic, but why do so many people photograph their bikes in the kitchen?

Rob

so you don't get grease and muck on your rugs :D nice bike. i love the colors.

Cheers for all the positive comments on the bike and kitchen! My bikes have always lived inside so the kitchen is the best spot for pictures :D

minor_LEGEND":3kugu1rq said:
i have to admit, that paint scheme works well. The bike has a nice stance in the pics, good seat heaight/stem & bar proportioning etc.

Imagine how cool some purple cooks cranks would look on it?

ps; are you 'Ollster' that used to post on novaload?

Yep many year ago now but im one and the same, my old car is still alive and kicking though, i believe it was magazine featured last year.... I have gone through many cars since but have had a 1994 porsche 911 (993 c2) for the last few years as my toy. The early 90's really was a great time for mechanical stuff!

Very nice Kona. First time I have seen a flite in those colours. Love the purple bits, takes me right back to 1993, happy days! :D

i have never seen another flite on the trails in these colors, it would be around a 1998 vintage as thats when i rebuilt the bike.

shaun":3u7s14pc said:
Very nice Kona. First time I have seen a flite in those colours. Love the purple bits, takes me right back to 1993, happy days! :D

Back