Klein Adroit Storm Custom Finished

Keep up the good work Andy. Rules were made to be broken so stuff the purists and build it how you want it.

yo-Nate-y":2depycdy said:
Why do you keep thanking andy? Is that like closing with "praise jesus"?

Do you mean, "thank god"; it seems the more common closing. Then again, Tim Tebow might be changing that.

Regarding the thread, I'm left with one question:
A certain online community is very well represented, here, and is that by coincidence, or does the collective discuss such "controversial" builds elsewhere?
:mrgreen:

Who? Vintage mountain bikers?

I don't mind any build as long as you call it what it is...so from my perspective Im not seeing much discussion on the build but the frame itself. Andy can make himself believe what he wants but in the future, when this comes up again - and it will - when somebody is doing "research" it should be out there.

I am not sure if it was said already - didn´t read all the pages word by word, but why don´t you just look at the frame number to identify the frames? There is an "X" for Adroit and there is a "T" for Attitude. Only boron reinforced frames with 2" downtube will have an "X". There will be no single original painted KOI (although they all read 96 as production year) with an "X". These are all Attitude frames...

sorry again, if it was already said... :?

She is nearly done and i can't stop looking at her. I will claim this to be an adroit till i die due to the fact.

It came out of the factory with the badge and paint of a adroit and it states in the 97 catalogue for sale as an adroit and was bought as an adroit, and after browsing through all the catalogues i can see no suggestion that it is not an adroit. so to me it is an adroit. also note that no one has shown me a picture of a 97 attitude with mc2 and airhead and 2inch down tube, so that to me says its an adroit.

What i have come to the conclusion after all this wonderful controversy is to ask myself what did i want from this bike which was left to rot in my shed. Well i wanted a storm paint job done, i wanted a 2inch airhead mc2 fuselage done, and i wanted some forks that were light and could be made to fit into the airhead system done, also i wanted this to be the non shimano lightweight build done.

The only thing left for me to do with this baby is to ride it with a few like minded mud freaks like me in cumbria next week, which will be done.

Last pic of my Klein Adroit Custom fully built to come. Period

Back