1991 Marin Bear Valley - New Pics 26/04

Awesome! What's the reason behind Marin producing 2 colour schemes on the same bike for the same year? My '91 zolatone BV couldn't be more opposite in colour to this if it tried!

Presumably this was a colour scheme only available on the continent??

juice":3g1is494 said:
This was an absolutely beauty when Bart owned it. It is an absolutely beauty now that you own it and someday it'll still be an absolutely beauty when i'll own that RastafaraiiiNeonMonsterBearValley 10 years from now. ;)
It's good to know that I'll always have a buyer ;)

sherlylock":3g1is494 said:
Awesome! What's the reason behind Marin producing 2 colour schemes on the same bike for the same year? My '91 zolatone BV couldn't be more opposite in colour to this if it tried!

Presumably this was a colour scheme only available on the continent??
It's a good theory as this colour scheme definitely wasn't available in the UK.

I haven't done anything with it since the last picture update. There's a few hours of tinkering left. I need to replace the BB and chain and I've recently contacted Gil for a couple of replacement stickers that are a bit shabby. When its complete I'll flood the thread with some colourful piccies :cool:

As it was lovely and mild today I spent some time in the garage.. mainly giving attention to my newly aquired Muddy Fox. As I had my camera with me I thought I'd take a couple of new pictures of the Bear Valley. As I said before it requires a few hours of tinkering before it's perfect but it looks lovely nonetheless. The colours are so vibrant and probably make it look more posh than it actually is. Regardless of it's low/mid range spec (more low range :p) it really is an awesome bike and a perfect example of a low mileage, early nineties Marin :cool:

Can't wait to take it out and give it a good thrashing :D

DSC_6493.jpg

DSC_6489.jpg

DSC_6490.jpg

DSC_6491.jpg

DSC_6502.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Wow, thats sure a good looking, very clean Marin. I had a Pine Mountain way back in 1993 to race on and it was a beautiful riding bike, weighing in at just over 24lb, quite light back then. Never seen a Marin in 'rasta' colours though, was it a limited edition?

I would dearly love to own a Pine Mountain, preferably a 1990 one. It would probably be 2/3 lighter than the BV as BV sure is a heavy lump :shock:

This bike was posted over from the Netherlands thanks to 'stuntjumper1990'; this version was definitely not available in the UK, I believe it was only available on the continent.

It is.. it was discovered resting in a forgotten garage in West Sussex in 2008 after it had been forgotten about since 1995. In 2008 it had 14,600 on the clock and I've racked up another 5,000 since. Issaminter :cool:

Lovely collection. But i wouldn't have purple canti's. Black or silver if i was lucky enough to own :)

Choice is the benefit of owning a lot of bikes. On my way home last night on my regular commute I was arsing around a bit because I was bored and I decided to jump off a high curb but landed awkwardly causing the back wheel to pop a spoke :cry:

I didn't have time to sort that out this morning so I had to ride a different bike to work. The bike of choice was my Marin which I'm ashamed to say has not covered more than five miles with me on it. I finished it off a few weeks back but I keep favoring those damn modern bikes.

I must say it was a lovely ride and I have promised to take it to work again tomorrow and to some trails next week. Of course I've used 400LX/500LX before (I'm sure we all have) and I'd forgotten what a great, reliable groupo it is. The shifts are bang on the button!

I had some time before my shift to take some pictures of the BV where it stays in a quiet unused room at Euston Station. The lighting is crap but the colours really stand out.

This low/mid end Marin is quickly gaining a place in my heart :cool:

DSCN1314.jpg

DSCN1317.jpg

DSCN1320.jpg

DSCN1330.jpg

DSCN1331.jpg

DSCN1339.jpg

DSCN1341.jpg

DSCN1377.jpg

DSCN1378.jpg

DSCN1388.jpg

DSCN1390.jpg