Finally got the Adroit rebuilt and went riding (UPDATED)

MightyMarc2005":1m5esc7v said:
Wow I love that color it is in great condition too.

It's in decent condition, there are a lot of scratches, top tube is faded with one small dent. But overall, it's not too bad.

Very cool, bike and location, it's the one place I have been too and thought I could seriously live here.

Guy With a Ritchey":158hu6y4 said:
nice pics, did you go for a swim at the bottom of that downhill?

Didn't bring a wetsuit. Water temp is probably in the mid 50s, a bit too cold for a dip without some neoprene.

Here are a couple more pics of the build.

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

For the most part the bike is built with M900 (M950 Ti cassette), wheels are Ringle super 8 rear and some funky prototype front, Avid Tri-Align brakes, Cook Bros skewers and some modern day tires.

I have a set of blue Graftons that I may put on there, but I think I'd need to put in a longer BB spindle and I don't really feel like it.

Plus the spindle in there (as well as the brake bosses) are Ti, so that's nice.

Ti axles are the way forward on these, probably the biggest single piece of steel you will replace in one go. I had one fitted on my Backfire in 93 and have one to go on the HLF when I get round to that build.

An Adroit, pre Trek, in Gator is my ultimate Klein, would possibly swap out the HLF and Black Attitudes for one. Trouble is once you get them you just don't want to let them go!

Back