Klein Adroit Storm Custom Finished

Shamus":33z3mxh4 said:
Easiest way to find difference from "real" Adroit and "attitude" Adroit -frames is around bottlecage bolts. Real Adroit have reinforcements around that area. See here:
pda4.JPG

Adroit20th16.jpg

any123":33z3mxh4 said:
Yep fully reinforced so i even more at peace.

thanks andy

any123":33z3mxh4 said:
hold on they stopped making boron back ends in 94/95 if not 94 and the adroit became just plain gradient tubing from what i can see in the brochure.

Also from what i can make out the only difference between an adroit and a attitude was components and that was for the year 95/96 then in 97 they dropped the attitude fuselage and only had the adroit fuselage which was koi, so in theory the 96 adroit and attitude was the same except for components and in 97 they used the left over frames which were fuselage and named them all adroit.

summary

all fuselages were the same in 96 so in 97 they dropped the attitude and kept one one fuselage and called it an adroit.

well that is what i worked out from all the catalogues.

So after all that my tagging of my adroit born 96 created 97 is correct, it is an ADROIT. I love it when I'm right

thanks andy

thesneaker":33z3mxh4 said:
Looks to me like you have 3x 1997 Adroits, all 3 can run v brakes, have the MC2 system and a seperate seat clamp etc...

Its true, most 1996 badged Adroits where in fact Attitude frames with Strata forks, not many had the "real" 2" downtube. MC2 Adroits only had boron carbon in the Strata forks, unlike MC1 Adroits which also had boron carbon wrapped round the rear stays.

My 6 pence worth :)

so this a 97 with boron reinforcements? do you have better pics of the bottle mounts?

I have had to stop my build because i await front mech and a double ended straddle cable for the grafton brakes. so i am now going back to me research due to the fact my friend came round today and showed me that i did not have the reinforcement round my bottle cage. But i have a funny feeling that they only did that reinforcement on the 94 born 95 created frame and then stopped reinforcing due to the fact that they had better ways of doing the tubing.

back after me research with the facts.

thanks andy

Seems pretty clear that it is a rebadged Attitude. That said, why the fuss, seems like you are spending the time to make the bike your own so it isn't like the goal is to build up a pristine/original Adroit. I'd recommend not swimming against the current and enjoying the bike you have.

Well after doing my catch up on my research I have found that they did reinforce the 95 adroit born in 94 and not the attitude and had the cable noodle for canti,s.

Then in 96 born in 95 they did not put boron reinforcements or boron anywhere on the frame just the strata fork which was available for the adroit and the just was for either bike. Both bikes still had the noodles for canti,s.

In 97 born in 96 they created a brand new fusalage with no reinforcements and thinner gradient tubing and the main thing was they built it without noodles and was created to take suspension and v brakes. There was not a fusalage for the attitude in this year due to the fact they made a normal frame for this bike. The adroit fuselage was a brand new design with regards to tubing and the fact that it was suspension specific. it also took a threaded bottom bracket but I will have to do some more checking to see if the threaded bb was on the 96 born in 95 frame.

So in summary after my investigation, a 95,96,97 adroit are all different and the only fuselage that could be mixed up is the 1996 adroit and attitude with the noodles for cantis, due to the fact that none of the frames in this year had no reinforcement and the only way they could be told apart was the forks. The 97 adroit could not get mixed up with a 96 fuselage because there is no noodle and it was thinner tubing not diameter.

This is great stuff to research beats watching eastenders.

Thanks andy

Back