1983 Saracen...

What were those Halo tyres like in the wet/mud on the Repack ride mate? I did like the look of them but worry about using them in non-dry situations.

BTW, for those who haven't seen this bike in person, it it chuffin' lovely and the pics don't do it justice.

Thanks people. some of the bits came from the now shelved Raleigh Super Maverick project. It seems that there weren't that many choices for parts this era. Before XT came out most people were speccing the suntour/sugino/dia compe package, so a lot of early bikes seem to be specced with the same parts (see MOMBAT). Other bits have come from all over the globe. But the frame, forks, one of the rear mechs I have, chainset and wheels are all original to the bike. the other bits are all as the original spec (the owner was splitting the bike so I could have had them all) but i already had the same bits, in better condition at home.

I thought you had found another one!! remember who to speak to first when you get board mate :LOL:

Would look lovely next to my kili ;)

see ya soon kaya

I'm very very jealous though, no amount of repetition is going to fix that... :evil:

It's a beauty, no mistake! :D

elPedro666":1puacp6h said:
I'm very very jealous though, no amount of repetition is going to fix that... :evil:

It's a beauty, no mistake! :D

+1.

Can I sign up for the queue now please? ;)

And a great photo from Dr S too. :cool:

c1a_102.jpg

Back