Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 25/02/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes count me in for this :D
Now as usual a last minute hunt for a cottage to put up Mrs Cosmic in the manner to which she is accustomed :LOL:
Be great to neck a few beers with some of you guys too ;)

Thought I'd do a bit of a recce up around Grizedale today on the Calvin :LOL: I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. Did Pauls route but added a Parkamoor Loop (add another 12 miles :shock: ) so 32 ish miles and 4600 ft of climbing in total...on a Klein, I must be mad.

Still some snow and ice up on the higher tracks but the route is a great, a real mix of terrain and you get a bit of culture too...Andy Goldsworthy drystone walls up near High Tilberthwaite.

Of course, I got home to be told I'm heading back to work on Friday so will more than likely miss this now:x

A few pics...
P1020717.jpg

P1020718.jpg

P1020719.jpg

P1020720.jpg

P1020721.jpg

P1020723.jpg

P1020726.jpg

P1020728.jpg

P1020729.jpg

Great photos Rich. Good indication of what the majority of the trails are like on this ride.
Just add in a few photos of the forest singletrack and it's all there.

Good effort on the Klein too.

I've been there! - was there last summer walking with the family - looking for the cathedral, there is a huge quarry further up, the cathedral was much further down that road, when we started the walk we got within 100 yard of it but turned left instead of right :)

Anyone live near Sinnerman? Want to get a frameset from him and would prefer to save on post (and avoid postal service losing it!!)

Cheers

Big Goldsworthy fan - so looking forward even more to this! Should be +1 with Mirek the Ringer turning out again...

mrkawasaki":1h3jh5zt said:
Big Goldsworthy fan - so looking forward even more to this!

Me too - my wife will be very jealous! I'd like to stop and take some pics so hopefully we won't be zooming past it...

videojetman":c2gty7hl said:
is there plenty of parking around this area. looks like a day trip for me.

Not so much at the end (and pay/display iirc). But there are places around and cyclepaths/beach to the start point. One being on the start of the road to the east side of the lake. Not sure of winter prices but sometimes it's free.
Also there is the main central Coniston carpark. No idea of prices and road side parking of course.
Quick cycle and flat to the start.

2/3/1 on this map in the order I mention them.

1 = main central carpark
2 = start

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/coniston/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back