Hiroshima

computerbitz

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Found this early today when i was looking at the devils pool pics and spent all day looking at them and reading the comments on them some viable and some sick and twisted racial and biggoted comments and the one thing i think about is the kids that suffered and it shows in one the pics how a child of about 11-13 suffered and the scary thing is 60 years on we still fight wars against each other.

Hiroshima is something they dont really teach or go on about in the uk and according to some the comments i read they dont do it in america either, i will be honest at the age of 32 i knew of the two A bombs dropped and levels of devastation they was capable off but had never seen it till today it has left me humbled yet disgusted that i didnt know.

f11100a2002.jpg

for the rest the pics see

http://fogonazos.blogspot.com/2007/02/h ... us_05.html

it is laked about in US schools just not as much as it should be. However in 2002 or 2003 Japan took Pearl Harbor out of all school books. All countries are in denial of there mistakes, ego just gets in the way. its sad.

Pearl harbour was a military target, the Americans were massing the naval fleet there which was making Japan understandably twitchy.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were 'experiments' of new weaponry on civilian targets... unforgiveable.

Russell":jvd8pu98 said:
Pearl harbour was a military target, the Americans were massing the naval fleet there which was making Japan understandably twitchy.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were 'experiments' of new weaponry on civilian targets... unforgiveable.

please read as a poem

No War should even be Forgivable or Forgotten from are past, we should Never Forget what We Have Done so that the Same Mistakes of are past are Never Repeated, and no more life is lost caused by mortal hands or spite. Colour is diversity and as a species that is what we are we are diviers we imagine and feel and every person that has ever been has loved and lost and felt great pain yet we still strive to cause it throw are own greed and fear of change and power. So until the change in mans attitude WE MUST NEVER FORGET WHAT WE HAVE DONE TO HELP GUIDE US TO ARE FUTURE.

thats how i feel any way

Hmmmmm....

Be Peace , Be Love , Be Happy , Peace Always would be a good motto to live by shoould we forget the horrors of war. :cry:

Russell":2vuw8loz said:

Crazy talk. You make it sound like Truman picked two random targets like the New Mexican desert to further beta test the weapon. Not true on many fronts.

Hiroshima supported minor military industry, yet it was given higher importance as a target because of its visibility to mainland Japan. The US knew it would be completely destroyed by the initial blast and then by the fire and fallout. The psychological effect on mainland Japan was the main target.

Nagasaki was one of the largest ports in Japan. Its reason for being a target was obvious.

Debate me on this.

you could also figure into this that the US military expected losses of at least a million personnel if an invasion of mainland japan took place

and yes both targets were deemed legitimate due to shipping and tank/armaments manufacture

unnaceptable losses in any war

the scary part of it was that when they first set the bomb up to test they weren`t sure if it would set off a chain reaction that would engulf the whole atmosphere , and yet still did it :shock:

Debate me on this.

OK...

Many senior military figures and politicians had already declared Japan as out of the game, Eisenhower himself said, when told by US Secretary for War Henry Stimson that nuclear weapons were to be used on Japan "I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary... Japan was at that very moment seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of face." Eisenhower, the guy with responsibility for creating the major war plans to defeat Japan, advised against dropping the bomb because in his opinion, Japan was already dead in the water!

Couple more quotes for you...

(US Strategic Bombing Survey 4, The Summary Report on the Pacific War.) "It seems clear that, even without the atom bomb attacks, air supremacy over japan could have exerted sufficient pressure to bring unconditional surrender and obviate the need for invasion... Based on a detailed investigation of all the facts and supported by the testimony of the surviving Japanese leaders involved, it is the survey's opinion that certainly prior to December 31, 1945 Japan would have surrendered even if the atom bomb had not been dropped, even if Russia had not entered the war, and even if no invasion had been planned or contemplated."

(Eisenhower.) "It wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing."

Pretty damning stuff.

Back