Great big Singlespeed thread!

My current SS project.
I fancied a BMX, too small, I'd love a BMiX, no pennies.
I have a Sintesi Konstriktor frame, karma'd ages ago from here, I had it built geared and never got around to finishing it.

It's a what's in the box build. Tyres were free with a frame purchase off RB.
Wheels, diy fixed a broken pawl spring with some spring wire, click with a loud engagement, will probably fail and I'll lose skin.

Suss forks, Zokes?, failed to be suss a long time ago. Dead heavy rigid forks, Zokes.

Brakes Hayes MX2 cable disc.

Chain is close to tension, would probably get away with a half link, or a half link chain but stretch might throw it out again. I have 2 hanger tyoe tensioners but they're missing QR bits.

Needs - chain, tensioner, forks, a good thrashing around some dirt jumps.

2005_Sintesi_Konstriktor.jpg

I might get away with it, that's an old stretched chain too. Been a while since a pedal in the shin incident, that'll remind me of the BMX days.

P1010066.jpg

Oranage Evo2 with a 34/16T ratio. No tensioner, chain is a bit slack but does not come of or skip on the trails so all is good. Hope brakes, Hope hubs, Marzocchi forks, saint cranks.....

P1010069.jpg

Marin Pallisades, Xt hubs, Rigida Snyper rims, 300 Exige LX cranks, original forks, stem and bars, cheap canti arms that work quite well.

Also chains don't stretch, they wear. You chain tension is better than on my Orange and that tension works well so I would not bother with the tensioner. Also don't bother with half links they a faff. Change the chain at 0.75% wear like you would do normally and all will be fine.

bm0p700f":1uaumqvt said:
All the bike posed here (except mine) are clean.

I guess most want to take snaps of their one geared steeds looking their best. Min is normally mucky, even though I clean it lots!

bit bored at work the last couple of days...

anatomy of my last (DMR) Chain Tensioner (yep, i broke it)

startdiffuse.jpg

middiffuse.jpg

enddiffuse.jpg

there's a vid of it too when i can find a computer that will let me access Vimeo/YouTube

nice pic bob. which package did you use? back at uni i was part of the test group that helped develop (on a user level rather than programming, thats my dads bag) form z. was a fairly advanced tool back then but i reckon paint is better now :LOL:

Latest posts

Back