Klein Adroit Storm Custom Finished

mr_ship":2q60uagr said:
Be nice to see this ridden at the Lakes National Andy ;)

It will be ridden hard and the same amount of moaning at the lakes national next week.

thanks andy

i still do not have inner peace with this topic and i am now matching photos and serial numbers and got me vernia gauge out.

Next i will be down the hospital getting the tubing x rayed on all me kleins. The internet is a great thing to find info and will find out what this klein theory is all about.

Fake bike indeed my arse.

thanks (still need inner peace) andy

Andy, as i said in my previous post, you have 3x 1997 genuine Adroits, the Attitude of that year had no MC2, it had a normal 1 1/8th headset.

You frame serial no. may say 96 but they are 97 model year, so they were built under full Trek ownership.

I would be more concerned if you had a 96 badged Adroit WITHOUT the 2" downtube as that would be a Attitude frame in disguise ;)

All of this is no issue as the bike looks great :cool:

any123":24nodfl5 said:
hold on they stopped making boron back ends in 94/95 if not 94 and the adroit became just plain gradient tubing from what i can see in the brochure.

Also from what i can make out the only difference between an adroit and a attitude was components and that was for the year 95/96 then in 97 they dropped the attitude fuselage and only had the adroit fuselage which was koi, so in theory the 96 adroit and attitude was the same except for components and in 97 they used the left over frames which were fuselage and named them all adroit.

summary

all fuselages were the same in 96 so in 97 they dropped the attitude and kept one one fuselage and called it an adroit.

well that is what i worked out from all the catalogues.

So after all that my tagging of my adroit born 96 created 97 is correct, it is an ADROIT. I love it when I'm right

thanks andy

I now have inner piece due to the fact that i knew i was right in my last quote and the sneaker has also put is kinda stamp of approval on this matter. i can now carry on building my adroit with great ease.

thanks (karma) andy

Easiest way to find difference from "real" Adroit and "attitude" Adroit -frames is around bottlecage bolts. Real Adroit have reinforcements around that area. See here:
pda4.JPG

Adroit20th16.jpg

any123":1gl16j3i said:
mr_ship":1gl16j3i said:

It will be ridden hard and the same amount of moaning at the lakes national next week.

thanks andy

It'll be nice to ride with you again mate, both of us on newly restored bikes too, very different bikes though!!

Rob Atkin":21vq70ww said:
any123":21vq70ww said:
mr_ship":21vq70ww said:

thanks andy

It'll be nice to ride with you again mate, both of us on newly restored bikes too, very different bikes though!!

What have lovingly restored

thanks andy

what is the specific difference between the adroit and attitude? the look near identical. from what i can work out in this thread, adroit tubing spec was slightly higher spec, so the bike slightly lighter, slightly different ride characteristics?

nice build btw

Back