1989 RekTek - Canadian Content

NO Not packaging tape. The clear protective tape Rockimtn mentions from auto detailers is the stuff I use. It's put on with soapy water. I've seen it advertised in some of the bike magazines as well although it's a bit expensive. Motor cycle shops also sell it for covering the competition number plates Iv'e heard. I use it on my RF Turbine cranks and change it every once in a while when it gets scuffed up and it is worth it if you like your kit looking good. Buy enough to cover all your vulnerable points on your frame to stop cable rub etc.

Rob Atkin":3uzln1jy said:
...what decal should be on a 1991 Syncros seatpost?

well if it's the old style post I would use this one:

It was right around 1990/91 that they changed to the one-piece seat clamp, and from the 1991 advert (see page 1 of this thread), you can see that is also when they started playing around with the vertical logo. You might want to do the vertical decal on the back of the post?

The 1991 pro-series ad is a bit wonky. For example the seat post on the right (of the upper left inset) has the wheel/arm logo on the side? I've never seen that in real life. I think they just wanted a side profile of the post that also had a logo. whatever. :?

Also the bike in the ad actually has the old style post and the inset has the newer style clamp. They were a pretty small operation back then, and things changed quickly so you can probably get away with whatever fits your fancy.

Attachments

• syncros_post.jpg
    syncros_post.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 47
Thanks. I'm actually making a copy of one for my rocky as a 30.4mm one is like rocking horse poo. I like the decal in your pic and it fits well with other images of my bike too. I don't really want the vertical one to be honest.

The hammer/cycle also sits on the rear of syncros stems and I think on the forks.
The slightly bluey/black ano would probably be hard to get, playing with dye and finding a poor black would probably do it.

A bit of a hiatus as I awaited the arrival of this:

I just fitted it last night and started getting the brakes adjusted, but it was too dark in my man cave for decent photos.

I was also super stoked to find that I did not need to cut the steerer, but instead used a single 6mm spacer. :D

Attachments

• syncros_powerlite.jpg
    syncros_powerlite.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 49
One of the coolest forks ever!

I've wanted one ever since I saw the Syncros ad in MB Action back in the day.

Build is looking primo.

Back