1995 Klein Attitude "Sea & Sky" (FINISHED)

My LBS did the following to remove an stuck seatpost:
1) cut off the seatpost just above the end of the seattube
2) make an tool existing of an steel or alloy pipe with an sawblade on it on two opposite sides with an width just the size of the post
3) start sawing very gently
4) put sawblades little futher out
5) 3 again
6) etc

Of course verrrrrryyyy gently! In the end my alloy seatpost was removed from my frame without any damage to the frame

Suc6!

Btw. Very nice bike. Would like to own one but far outside my budget

maybe you can hang it upside down and fil the seatube with penetrating oil trough the upper bottle hole until it comes out the lower one?

Oil will not help. The seatpost corroded and the oil is not "thin" enough to go down. Same thing happenend to me too and it took my LBs some hours of work (and a lot of sweat ;-) )

Hello mate....your build thread must have passed me by mate sorry.....but very nice bit of kit that.

With regard the post....it will have chemically bonded so no amout of oil will budge that. Try ammonia solution (i have some I'll drop off for you)....can be filled through the bottle boss bolt holes but be uber carefull to mask off any decals etc as it will strip them off. Would leave it to work for a few days to eat away at the corrosion. The oil you added should then help you getting the post out. Stinks as well so get it out of the conservatory :D

I also agree..what ever you do dont heat it as a alloy post and the frame will expand at the same rate.

cheers A.

Ended up cutting the post out.

Been to my mates work to blow out the filings with the airline etc.
Didn't fancy leaving it in the car while in the pub.

fe79a664.jpg

Got new brakes, cranks, bb bearings and post etc to be fitted.
All being well, on the trails the weekend.

Antstark":37n87e6q said:
hoo rah Vince!.... guessing you did it before going to the pub!

Finished it last night. When I did I was so pleased I downed tools and went straight to the pub.
Today was just cleaning out the seat tube. Then pub again. The post took forever, was reinforced with carbon. Had to have another beer, was in all weekend on it.

PS. Thanks for the amonia, was too scared to use it though.
I'll give it back next time we meet up. Look forward to seeing your Funk.

Back