2004/05 Orange Patriot

What parts have you been getting for the ms isle?

Saddle/seatpost looks better, everybody loves a thomson!
The frames were only warrantied upto 150mm.

I have the original decals (pulled from mine) if you wanted me to scan them in for you? (Still got to get the swingarm one off). Theyre not perfect but a good photoshop wiz will sort that.

cyfa2809":2c3lq9mz said:
What parts have you been getting for the ms isle?

Saddle/seatpost looks better, everybody loves a thomson!
The frames were only warrantied upto 150mm.

I have the original decals (pulled from mine) if you wanted me to scan them in for you? (Still got to get the swingarm one off). Theyre not perfect but a good photoshop wiz will sort that.

The Msisle so far has the following waiting for it (easter break when the weather is better im thinking):
*11 - 25 Road cassette
*KMC gold chain
*Raceface 38T chainring
*SLX rear mech
*Raceface seat post
*WTB saddle
Plenty more to buy though.... it gets used daily so needs some money spent on it ready for the next 2 years or so.

As for the patriot, Yeah i realise they were only warranted for 150mm of travel but the waranty is long gone out the window, and the headtube isnt going anywhere with that box section down tube lets be fair.... lol It handles brilliantly with the boxxers on too.
The decals are on order from orange mate, but thank you for the offer.

May look at getting a direct mount stem on there in the near future, see how I like it.

Oooo some snazzy parts right there! Commuting pimping!

Yeah thats very true, was common for people to run boxxers and the like on them. I think i prefer mine with the fork dialed down to around 130mm but havent put many hours on it yet so cant be sure.

On order from orange? They told me they only had back to 08 ones?
So i got the gold 2012 ones.

cyfa2809":26d3qve1 said:
Oooo some snazzy parts right there! Commuting pimping!

Yeah thats very true, was common for people to run boxxers and the like on them. I think i prefer mine with the fork dialed down to around 130mm but havent put many hours on it yet so cant be sure.

On order from orange? They told me they only had back to 08 ones?
So i got the gold 2012 ones.

I believe il be getting the 08 ones then..... They did say they didnt have any for my specific year.

I really need to get back out on it TBH, ive not been out since before xmas :oops:

Haha i have been on mine once in the past couple months! The shame!

Im no a fan of the 08 ones, think they look tacky. Hmm.

AJ - Awesome bike!

I bought a 2004 patriot frame off a mate last year with a view to getting it powder coated & resprayed for this years trip to Morzine. I googled it and found this thread. Your ace bike has become the template for what I want to build - I, sir, salute you!

Ste

How are you finding the Boxxers? not too much?

Looking to buy either Boxxers or Totems for mine, and probably an up-rated spring as it's got a 450lb spring on the Vanilla R and I'm 6'2" and 205lbs.

I love the boxxers! they really are the best addition ive made to this bike!

Im also 16"2' and around 16 stone. I run an 800lbs rear spring... maybe a bit too heavy duty but I do like the back end to feel relatively firm.

Really sweet pair of bikes. Loving the Patriot. Mine will be a bit more of an 'all mountain' style build with an air shock and 130mm Bombers.

Back