Ironcurtain bike from the 70´s

Synthesis

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Got a Czech bike. It´s a four speed, really fun looking thing. Any other owners of communist bikes out there?

Not sure if this counts, but I´ve got a circa 1960 East German Diamant touring frame, probably a ´Modell EH´) built up as a single speed. (sorry, no better pictures at the moment)

308305_2176233399882_1068247015_32118285_2058399251_n.jpg

Synthesis":1gm8blhj said:
Got a Czech bike. It´s a four speed, really fun looking thing. Any other owners of communist bikes out there?
No, but I'd love one! Where did you get yours?

Blimey that frame has the most relaxed angles since the la - z - boy recliner was invented :D

Shaun

Midlife":qpqc3txo said:
Blimey that frame has the most relaxed angles since the la - z - boy recliner was invented :D

Shaun

It also has a very long wheelbase and toptube, but that's because it was made to look like this:

Diamant1951-1.JPG

I have to put the saddle pretty high and double over forwards to ride it, but it's actually not uncomfortable and can go at quite a decent speed. Also, since it's extremely stable I can ride hands free for miles if I want to stretch my back. Still, it is quite silly, but I like its rugged aspiring pathracer looks,

Jonny69":1ify4zo4 said:
Synthesis":1ify4zo4 said:
No, but I'd love one! Where did you get yours?

A guy walked in with it at the bikestore I work at. He wanted to give it to us since we´re opening a second store with a Retro theme (just the store, not the bikes we sell though)

Back