'98 Stumpjumper Comp M2

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Got this frame through the week there from Ringo, big thanks to the man as i very happy with it :D An M2 was always one of the bikes on my list. I'm from a small town and so when i started biking years ago i was never exposed to any really flash bikes eg Yo Eddys. I was shown Konas, Marins, Diamondbacks, Cannondales and Specializeds. I remember going through some catalogues trying to pick what would be my first real bike. In the end the Kilauea got chosen but i always liked the look of the M2 frames that Specialized were building but they were a bit too expensive at that time. Stroll on 17 years and i have my M2 :D :D Its a mix of parts that i had kicking about, the forks are the closest i had to period correct. It has Avid Ti Vs, Thomson post, XTR and XT drivetrain but the pimpiest part of the bike is the wheelset. Probably a bit of overkill on what is a pretty standard alloy frame but they are Ringle hubbed mavic 717s with Ti spokes. When they came up for sale i had to have em as they look just awesome :D

So what do you guys think?

Attachments

• Stumpy4.jpg
    Stumpy4.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,373
  • Stumpy3.jpg
    Stumpy3.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,373
  • Stumpy2.jpg
    Stumpy2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,373
  • Stumpy1.jpg
    Stumpy1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,373
more pics

Attachments

• Stumpy6.jpg
    Stumpy6.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,372
  • Stumpy5.jpg
    Stumpy5.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,372
Cheers Carl, have the seat set slightly more forward on the rails than most other saddle I have. It there's not much more room for shifting it forward as the rails start to angle in. Have to say I'm very happy with the way it rides. The forks took a bit of getting used to as I think they may be set at 63mm travel and its a very race orientated frame but it's fast and responsive

Great to see one of these frames getting some appreciation. Well worthy of it IMHO.

Wheels look fairly understated and suit the build. :cool:

Looks really tidy everything is subtle but classy. Good work. Always nice ticking of one of your dream bikes :D

That looks great...! It's amazing how (slight) imperfections in the anodizing and decals are masked on a full build.

I'm well chuffed with the XTR chainset, sets off my Cadex perfectly!

Cheers Rich. It's in the back of the car just now and were heading up mugdock for the afternoon to do some exploring

Back