neat idea

dirtydozen

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Was just removing some truvativ crank arms fitted to a bike i just got, isis fitment.

typically the allen bolts werent self extracting so i had to have a hunt for my crank extractor.

Found and thought job done as i was screwing the first part in. Could sense something wasnt right as the outter part of extractor started to get only a few turns from its end and i hadnt felt any pressure. Thats when i remember the isis BB is bigger than a square taper so my extractor is going straight through the middle, great.

Closed the garage up and came in the house as i thought i was gonna have to make a trip to halfords in the morning for a correct extractor. Just as i started through the kitchen i spotted a 5p next to the microwave and a light bulb appeared above my head(only JK)

so placed said 5p into crank arm, followed by first part of the taper extractor and hey presto. Managed to do both sides with the same coin although its doesnt so much resemble a coin anymore lol

Someone may have already done summat similar but i was quite chuffed with myself lol

I thought it might of been aired already but i hadnt seen it so was chuffed, was weird that there was just a 5p sitting there just as i come into the kitchen lol

Was actually quite cool what it did to the coin, made it look like the end product of them novelty presses you put a penny in lol

just wish i could have the same luck at getting the bloody truvativ BB out. The tool is sorta like a HT2 tool but the teeth are more spaced out and typically i aint got owt to get it off

Back