Cannondale Raven 4000SL *finished with lefty on Pg 2*

jskdog

Senior Retro Guru
Just put the cranks (thanks again Mark) on and set the gears up, just needs a set of pedals and the bush kit from Mojo to turn up. Oh and the front wheel turning round :oops:

Attachments

• raven.jpg
    raven.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,636
They look so much better then what the pics show. I've not ridden it yet as I want to replace the bushes to get rid of the play, it's killing me but hopefully they should arrive sometime monday/tuesday. Just need to find some info on the front and rear shock to set it up then i'll be away.
By the way saltyman I absolutely love that volvo cannondale of yours it's a work of art!

Thanks for the comments, the new bushing kit should be here today along with the pedals so it should be ready very soon!Found a manual for the headshock too which gives you the psi for you're weight depending if you want soft or firm.

just out of interest r7ctr what kind of riding do you do?mainly xc?just wondered what you can get away with on this? I dont want to be too rough with it as im 15 st (need to get that down a bit but at 6 foot 3 it's not easy!)

Mainly xc nothing too challenging, but currently 13 stone myself(still haven't shifted the Xmas bulk :LOL: ) and never doubted the build quality or strength.
These bikes were built to high standard(Quality) unlike newer bikes which are built to a price/profit.
Never seen a Raven 1 fail only version 2 which had a weakness around the bb area due to them trying to shave a few grams off.
Was told the original Ravens were made at a loss to Cannondale(due to the high manafacturing costs) to promote brand awareness.
We're riding 90's Bugatti veyrons
:LOL:

I have the original purchase receipt for £3995 back in december 97!You can definately see the quality in the frame, and considering it's age it still looks stunning. My wife has informed me the bits to finish it have just arrived too so should be testing it out this weekend!I cannot wait.

Back