1985 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport

Looks spot on, try it :cool: Only if is suitable enough for you, I recon it'll be a nice and comfy rider so maybe wider (as is now) handlebar might actually work better. Anyway, just a small suggestion looking good already!

Had some parts delivered this week. Not all for the 1985 Stumpy, but also for the 1982 Stumpy.

Here are some more pictures:

New riser bar suits it much better. This bar and stem will go on the 1982. But another one is coming. Just to see how it looks! :cool:

GroteFoto-RAL3G6AX.jpg

GroteFoto-UJSRURJR.jpg

GroteFoto-HNUMAZFF.jpg

GroteFoto-E7U3CBVP.jpg

GroteFoto-NUZWADBJ.jpg

GroteFoto-NORR44LV.jpg

In the same package as the bar and stem, there were some Deerhead canti's and levers! This Stumpy will be full Deerhead!!

GroteFoto-IPHIZOYY.jpg

Will finish it when the new riser has arrived!

Anyone any suggestions on what chain to use?

Must admit it's way better than bullmoose on this bike. New stem looking great as well. I really start to love these 80's Stupmys.

No clue on chain, just wide guess that 7-8 speed should work no?

that is soooooo cool! the stem is very very nice! I really wonder how these ride.

Nearly finished! Only have to put a chain on it. Had some old white Specialzed cables in the shed. What do you think of it?

White or black?

GroteFoto-NVJLUP3M.jpg

GroteFoto-MDRUVQ4I.jpg

GroteFoto-EY7NPGEK.jpg

GroteFoto-KLTLVTNZ.jpg

GroteFoto-RFHUVHMB.jpg

GroteFoto-4QEWGRCG.jpg

GroteFoto-GKL6CLDJ.jpg

GroteFoto-MEMNSGWT.jpg

That is REALLY nice - looks fantastic and loads of character. It's not battered, just looks like its been used over the years but always looked after well.

Only thing I might recommend is having the brake levers more inboard, maybe inside the shifters as you'll never get the leverage on the levers with them up against the grips.

Latest posts

Back