Another Colnago!

The freewheel screwed on easily enough, by hand up to the the last turn or two so I was guessing the threading was ok, but maybe not. They are both supposed to be Italian but that's just going off what the vendors stated in their eBay listings. I thought mixing English and Italian was ok though? Is it not just French that won't work?

Getting it off could be fun and games too, It's on pretty tight now. I don't see any Regina two prong freewheel removers for sale on the web, will a 2 prong Suntour one work?

Good idea to measure the spacers and nuts, I'll do that and get back to you. Cheers guys.

Hi guys, any idea where i could get a 2 prong freewheel remover that fits Regina? The Suntour one doesn't fit as it happens :(

Should still be available from bike shops somewhere. I think I have a Dura Ace one that fits. I've only tried to take off an Oro once, and it was like butter. I managed to ruin it. So my advice is to be careful getting it off, once you've found a remover.

Update: Nigel at campyoldy.co.uk has them listed at £6.50 under "Chains and Freewheels":

"Regina 2 dog remover for ORO or splined remover for America, BX, CX £6.50"

Nick

Back