1991 GT Karakoram 16"SOLD

MADB

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
A bit lazy of me I know but I have just cut and pasted my ebay add. :D

main.php

lots of pictures of the bike here, http://brian07900.pinkbike.com/album/1991-GT-Karakoram/.

..............The price is now only £155 and I will post at cost.........

And now you get a free frame.

Its a 16" 93 GT Borrego frame, its in very good condition, nice decals and very few chips on the paint, no dents or cracks.

All for only £155.

The bike is in fantastic condition for its age and it looks great, a nice early U-brake GT that’s mostly original. I’m only its second owner and its been very well looked after, having been stored for a number of years, I completed a full restoration of the bike just before Christmas. The bike was fully striped and every nut and bolt cleaned and polished. The frame and forks are all original with original decals and paint and there are no dents, crack or rust. It has had all new bearing in the wheels, headset and a new Shimano bottom bracket fitted, all the cables both inner and outer replaced and it also has a new chain and cassette. I also fitted some brand new Kenda amber wall tyres to keep the original look of the bike. This really is reluctant sale and I’m only selling the bike as it’s a bit small for me as I found out on the bikes only ride since i finished rebuilding it and it’s large for my wife.

The not so good bits,

There are some scuffs and marks and a few of the worst have been touched up with enamel paint but as you can see from the pictures it still looks great. The right hand shifter has been changed for a DX version as the original XT one was not repairable but the original XT changer will come with the bike and lastly, the seat and grips are not very original but can very easy to replaced.

And now you get a free frame.

Its a 16" 93 GT Borrego frame, its in very good condition, nice decals and very few chips on the paint, no dents or cracks.

All for only £155.

I've been watching this on ebay a few times, tis very lovely. :)

A few questions for you...
Is the stem flip flop?
You say postage at cost, how much would that be? :)
How tall are you? I.e. is this 16" to small for me as my Zaskar is an 18" (I'm 6ft with a 33" inside leg)

keithb":ea75a1ob said:
I've been watching this on ebay a few times, tis very lovely. :)

A few questions for you...
Is the stem flip flop?
You say postage at cost, how much would that be? :)
How tall are you? I.e. is this 16" to small for me as my Zaskar is an 18" (I'm 6ft with a 33" inside leg)

The stem is a flip flop, postage is about £25-£35 I sure we can get recommendations from here.
I’m 5ft 10", 32 " inside leg. The seat height is not a problem the frame just feels to small and uncomfortable. Its probably from the seat to the bars or the height of the seat in relation to the bars that doesn’t work for me. Is it going t o fit you, probably not but you could always buy it and find out for definite ;)

Cheers Brian

just to ask are you still selling those clarks v brake blocks? if so how much? many thanks

Chute55uk":3ut4fijh said:
just to ask are you still selling those clarks v brake blocks? if so how much? many thanks
Sorry mate, they have gone. There where some on eBay for about £9 if that helps.

Brian.

Sold on ebay for a very low price, oh well. I hope its going to a good home.

Cheers for all the positive comments on the bike.

Brian

Back