Wives rides!

Other brands are available .................

My wifes Giant

XTC%2520%2540%2520Ogden.JPG

Built a GT Bravado for my Wife last year.

DSCF0018.jpg

Been upgraded with XT rear mech, LX 8 speed wheels with Rigida rims and 2.1 Fire XC tyres, LX 8 Speed shifters, LX snowflake chainset, LX M600 V's and Levers too.
Should get a fair bit of use next year as it got ridden a fair bit after I built it.

Carl.

What a great idea for a thread! :D

I have attached a pic of my Wife's bike. Its a 1993 Marin steel frame (original paint), with a very upright Syncros stem and risers! Even with the 'armchair' saddle, I managed to keep the weight down for her to 26lb, by speccing some very light wheels and tyres, using XT bits and fitting Manitou SX Ti forks. I know Marins don't get a lot of love on here, but I gave this a blast when I finished it and was amazed how well these early steel Marins feel, not as good as my Kona Explosif, but still very good indeed.

I built this up in secret about a year ago as a surprise 49th birthday present for her, so that she could have a respectable Retro mount as well, but all I got in reply was - 'YOU COULD HAVE BOUGHT ME A BRAND NEW BIKE FROM HALFORDS FOR THE PRICE THAT COST!'.

I give up! lol :roll:

Attachments

• Wifes 1993 Marin.jpg
    Wifes 1993 Marin.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 1,645
dendy":qrw9e9h8 said:
A small dale for her, cobbled together mainly out of my unwanted kit

'Dendy' same Manitou SX Ti forks as on my wifes Marin I believe? Are we saying that yellow Manitous are just for girls! lol :LOL: Nice Dale tho.

shaun":1or5hb6y said:
dendy":1or5hb6y said:
A small dale for her, cobbled together mainly out of my unwanted kit

'Dendy' same Manitou SX Ti forks as on my wifes Marin I believe? Are we saying that yellow Manitous are just for girls! lol :LOL: Nice Dale tho.

:LOL: :LOL:

Won't catch me on my wife's bike :oops:

Pink020-1.jpg
[/quote]

This is on old pic, has silver pedals and black grips but frame is still pink :LOL: Must get some upto date pics of it

Back