1997 Kona Explosif w new nice TNT parts [page 5+6]

superstu":1xphic5j said:
Thanks for comments... On the flicker photos it is with a black saddel
Was too lazy :LOL: Had a look now and I stand by my thoughts, but the Kore one isn't that bad either so go with whatever you like.

I would definietly keep the forks green though, I love that lime colour!!

staying to the lime green also saves me a lot of time polishing! It is more than enough with the bars that I am polishing for my ritchey at the moment! ;-)

Yeah keep the forks in limegreen. To be honest I don't think the saddle matches the color (at least on the pics)of the frame and I would probably stick with the black one myself.

I think, there's to much colour arround the frame involved which puts the frame in the 2nd row, but this frame should be the "star" of the build. If you can, keep the colours simple - it dont need more. Just my opinon :)

magas":43qk1iao said:
I think, there's to much colour arround the frame involved which puts the frame in the 2nd row, but this frame should be the "star" of the build. If you can, keep the colours simple - it dont need more. Just my opinon :)

Could try to put on a black seat and black bars and see how that would look... think I will stay with the golden rims. And it could also be interesting to se how it would look with a black fork. I ran it with a black sid xc at a time... looked ok.But the disc taps was kind of wrong... Cant find any pics...

But here is some pics with black saddle and more shiny components (xt/xtr)

Attachments

• Billede0123.jpg
    Billede0123.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 2,680
  • Billede0119.jpg
    Billede0119.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 2,680
  • Billede0116.jpg
    Billede0116.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 2,680
  • KONA web.jpg
    KONA web.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2,680
Great looking Explosif, I personaly like the Bombers the colour they are, they seem to compliment the frame and wheel colour very well in my opinion. To much black stuff on bikes nowdays as its an easy option.

I still want to have a hinged Syncros stem in 110 or 120mm on instead of the RaceFace... PM me if you got any.

i have a few… give me a PM if you're still after one

RockiMtn":1betemn0 said:
I still want to have a hinged Syncros stem in 110 or 120mm on instead of the RaceFace... PM me if you got any.

i have a few… give me a PM if you're still after one

Thanks. I found one in Denmark. Going to put on some silver parts and see how it looks...

Now with silver Ritchey complite stem and Syncros Titanium post... think this is much to my likeing... maby with some polished cranks at a point.

What do U think?

Attachments

• P1020315.JPG
    P1020315.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 756
  • P1020314.JPG
    P1020314.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 756
  • P1020313.JPG
    P1020313.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 756
Like the stem and seat post combo now on this :cool: :cool:

Unsure on the saddle maybe black one :?

rojo":13slr70o said:
Like the stem and seat post combo now on this :cool: :cool:

Unsure on the saddle maybe black one :?

Getting an opinion from a real kona lover is greath. I think u are right about the saddel. It will get the black one fitted again.

Back