Another On-One - this time Carbon 456!

PhilStone

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just realised I hadn't done a new thread about my new On-One!

Bought just before Christmas as frame only with the intention of transferring the majority of parts from my steel 456...

Well of course that didn't happen :twisted:

Spec as follows:

Frame: On-One Carbon 456
Forks: Pace RC41 150mm Factory Fighter

Stem: Hope FR 70mm gold
Bars: USE Atom Carbon Risers
Saddle: On-One Big Nose
Seat Post: RockShox Reverb 2012

Chainset: SLX Dual w/ bash guard
Front Mech: SLX
Rear Mech: Saint
Cassette: XT 11-34
Shifters: SLX
Chain: KMC X9

Brakes: Avid Elixir 1 rear 5 front

Rims: Sun Ringlé Black Flag Expert
Hubs: Sun Ringlé
Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 f Racing Ralph 2.4 r

As you can see its a bit of a monster, but very versatile - wind the forks down and it will climb most things!

Crappy pic and out of date but for the time being...

P1030510lo.jpg

Some new pics from the weekend..

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

And out on the trail with 2 other c456's..
web.jpg

I love that frame. I want one with a 150-100 fork to use as an all mountain hard tail and a dj'er. Think it is capable of being a dj bike?

I am thinking of getting one of these in 16" as a trail/play bike. The frame would be 1.2kg lighter than my existing one!!

What size is yours? Does the bike feel playful or racey?

Mine's an 18" suits me perfectly and I'm just under 6ft although I have long legs and short torso...

Bike is brilliant, drop the forks down to 90 or 100 and the bike will climb almost anything, extend the travel to 150 and it flies down the hills...

carter711":39gvgxa9 said:
I am thinking of getting one of these in 16" as a trail/play bike. The frame would be 1.2kg lighter than my existing one!!

I've got a 16" and can honestly say that its one of the best, most versatile bikes I've ridden. Far far more capable than I am.

Russell":3g205q8r said:
carter711":3g205q8r said:

I've got a 16" and can honestly say that its one of the best, most versatile bikes I've ridden. Far far more capable than I am.

Agreed..

Picture from the weekend...

IMG_1830.jpeg

Had some RC40's on for the ride which are going to Tim for some love... (and maybe a fighter conversion)

Back