1990 Stumpjumper

Beautiful! Takes me back to when i bought the same one in 1991 from a bike shop in Poole. My first brand new expensive bike :cool:

nevadasmith":35meg2np said:
Really nice original build - what's the history on this bike?

Not much to say, I bought it around a year ago in Pasadena, CA. after it came up on Craigslist. The sticker on the chainstay is "Cycle World, Northridge, CA." The shop is still there.

I don't know if he was the original owner, I didn't get any paperwork on it. He had it for a number of years, apparently took good care of it, and told me 'it's just collecting dust.' It was fun to clean the dust off and see the shine in the paint come alive, wow. The shifters still had the thin film of plastic (wrapping) that I peeled off. The bike has no rust whatsoever.

That's right, this is the original build. I added the Umma Gumma tires, it came with Kenda.

Note the Suicide Brakes!

The brakes are certainly the standard for this bike, I had the exact bike,colour,size BITD I so want this bike back in my life!! :cry:

CHASE76":6wmroazo said:
The brakes are certainly the standard for this bike, I had the exact bike,colour,size BITD I so want this bike back in my life!! :cry:

Yep! Brakes are correct. Still have them on mine! :p

Back