Santa Cruz Super 8

delihustler

Dirt Disciple
Today I dug the old beast out of the in-laws barn to today to start putting him together for the wife to take to France in July.

It's a 1999 frame with 2003 Marzocchi Jr T, it's not going to be much of a retro build but wifey should have fun when it's done.

I'll post more photo's when it's finished

166953_2859977532099_1039494137_2870875_2003573357_n.jpg

I've always loved the Super 8. I remember on my first DH race during practise coming down the hill on my Chute and over taking someone one a Super 8, best moment of my life lol!

We went to Morzine last year and took her Giant Trance, and she got really knocked about, so this year as we had the Super 8 in the barn we though it would be a bit easier on her

I found an old photo of my Super 8 the other day.....would love to find one and do a rebuild, remember them as being very bouncy......I could get the rear wheel to buzz the underside of the seat on mine ;)

The super 8 is such a lovely bike! And it is kind of pratical too... once a fiend of mine race a downhill event with a beer can taped inside the hole in the feame... that made him real quick in getting the first beer after last run... and only partly slover druing the runs :)

Looking forward to seeing the build!

LeeDevelopment":179hb2mw said:
That's a Monster-T and not a Junior-T by the looks of it!

I do not agree. The monster have a cnc bridge and not the 1-piece lover legs and bridge like this one... And it was bolt the very late monsters that got an m-shaped bridge....

Back