the unofficially cool MTB drop bar thread

was hoping to avoid seperate levers and shifters. I have heard of folk using travel agents with normal road levers but wanted to avoid that too.

What to the Cyclocross folk do then? Are they all still using canti's or did they jump straight to discs?

Canti's or Avid BB7 road disks. Think you may be right about problem solvers to alter the pull rate.

See this: http://www.bikefix.net/2009/07/bikefix- ... gnolo.html

I recall Tektro Mini V being popular on the Germany CX forums, but never tried them with normal road levers. I have used them with the Tektro Linear pull lever and they were really good. Bear in mind you can only get away with using a skinnier tyre; 1.9 would probably just fit with a Mini V.

I just read through this.thread and there's a lot of comments about why people don't like them. Even from people that have never tried it.

So, all I can add is: it is tons of fun. Seems like a good enough reason for me.

e414836c.jpg

a4bff948.jpg

Girlonbike - I like that Ibis :cool: : any chance of some close up shots of your shifters and the mounting brackets?

girlonbike":29nyzhyc said:
So, all I can add is: it is tons of fun. Seems like a good enough reason for me.

e414836c.jpg

Indeed more of the Ibis! its almost exactly as I had planned to build the one I have.

Back