Triggers Broom Kili

SwanHouseNappa

PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Mountain bikes started for me pretty much the same time as high school, 1992.
Having spent years as a kid walking the hills and moors of the North Pennines and Scottish Highlands, I came to realise that you could cover more countryside and therefore see more of it by bicycle.
So Christmas of 1992, I got a mountain bike. Having spent the past six months on my brothers old 21"(!) Raleigh Montage-he got a Lava Dome that summer- I was the proud owner of a Saracen Limited Edition.
Having chosen the bike with the nicest frame my budget would allow. within a few months, the upgrading had begun.

I was aiming for a happy balance of reliable, affordable, desirable and functional.

This is the spec list that I had written inside my GCSE physics book, written around 94-95.

Some of it I achieved, some of it I have achieved since.
Some of it I'm still looking for.
When finished, this will be Triggers Final Broom.

Unless anything bad happens.

Frame: Saracen Kili GOT

Fork: Pace RC35 AB although I always liked the look of AMP forks. GOT, NEED STEERER AND ELASTOMERS

Headset: Chris King threaded Purple
Stem: Saracen GOT
Handlebar: X-Lite Ti Purple ends
Grips: Gripshift
Barends: X-Lite Stubbie Purple

Brakes: Dia Compe 986 Purple GOT
Brake Pads:
Brake Cables:
Cantilever cable hangers: Purple Peace Hanger GOT
Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial Ultimate GOT

Shifters: Grip Shift SRT800 X-Ray GOT
Front Derailleur: Deore DX GOT
Rear Derailleur: Deore DX GOT
Derailleur Cables:
Cassette:
Chain: Sedis
Cranks: Middleburn RS3 Purple Spider
Crank Bolts: Middleburn Purple
Chainrings:
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket: UN71 GOT, I think
Pedals: XT SPD GOT, sort of

Hub Skewers: Odyssey Purple GOT
Rims: Mavic 231 GOT, near enough anyway
Hubs: Hope Ti Glide Purple GOT
Nipples: Brass GOT
Spokes: DT Swiss double butted
Tyres: Various
Tubes:

Saddle: Flite Transalp
Seatpost: X LIte Purple
Seatpost Binder: Odyssey Svelte Purple GOT

Extras: Purple crud claw GOT
Purple cog hog
Purple Middleburn Cable oilers GOT

Weight: Whatever it turns out to be.

main.php

This is the only off the peg frame that I ever wanted. Shortly after seeing it in the shop were the Special Edition came from, it made the geography book list. Not long after that I started hankering after custom steel.

This frame is probably not exactly period correct, but I'm not arsed. So long as it ends up as a satiny grey colour with purple decals, that peirced top tube, and a canti hanger, it will do.

Done by a pal of a member here, superb job. Not sure whether they want naming, due to the inevitable inundation with requests, but nevertheless, I am delighted with the job they did. More to come hopefully.

No worries, no order request from me, just curious. Came out looking superb that's for sure.

Back