Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 25/02/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
azaro":eqe7sbrc said:
Will a fully rigid Kilauea be OK on this ride?

I have plenty of built in padding and bounce, but I've got used to riding front or full sus in my advancing years, with my crumbling old man's spinal column!

yes I did it last year on the GT Avalanche pictured on page 1.

Will be there. If I haven't mentioned it already. Won't be camping though.

Was just about to ask the wife if she fancied a weekend in the Lakes (ulterior motive not!) looked on the calender to check date and sees Fairport Convention gig on Sat eve , Bugger, I won't be there.
Matthew

Have bed for the night before and after in Ambleside - so unless major disaster on the weather front I'll be there.

John":1xpmefpn said:

I think I might stay the Friday and Sat nights now to make a proper weekend of it. Anyone booked a B&B yet?

Also - are people staying over on Saturday night and having beers? If so, where - as I don't want to be staying somewhere I have to drive to?

Rob Atkin":3piyxmle said:
John":3piyxmle said:

I think I might stay the Friday and Sat nights now to make a proper weekend of it. Anyone booked a B&B yet?

Also - are people staying over on Saturday night and having beers? If so, where - as I don't want to be staying somewhere I have to drive to?

I'm in a B&B in Ambleside for Fri & Sat, and could be easily persuaded to have a beer or two on the Saturday. Do you still need that frame bringing up from London(ish)?

TedC":xf66sdiy said:
Rob Atkin":xf66sdiy said:
John":xf66sdiy said:

I'm in a B&B in Ambleside for Fri & Sat, and could be easily persuaded to have a beer or two on the Saturday. Do you still need that frame bringing up from London(ish)?

Maybe, don't know yet (on frame or where I'm staying, or if it'll be a day trip!!!)

Hi, want to come but.....I've conducted what is considered, I'm sure, an evil and terrible crime. I'm afraid I'm guilty of modernising my Bonty with modern suspension, modern wheels and have even added front and rear disk brakes (cue cry's of why! what! you fool! and burn him!). Here's a link to my build thread if you need to see the evidence....

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176850

so, my question is this - can I come and and play please?

andypasher":221hmajh said:
Hi, want to come but.....I've conducted what is considered, I'm sure, an evil and terrible crime. I'm afraid I'm guilty of modernising my Bonty with modern suspension, modern wheels and have even added front and rear disk brakes (cue cry's of why! what! you fool! and burn him!). Here's a link to my build thread if you need to see the evidence....

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176850

so, my question is this - can I come and and play please?
Yup, you'll be allowed to play on that

It's not to dissimilar to my Orange Clockwork (except the brakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back