steerer tube help

• Thread starter Deleted member 13859
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13859

i got a pair of manitou travis triple forks off ebay and the steerer tube is about 20mm too short. is there any way of extending the tube as finding a replacement is going to be a ball ache. please help :(

I know that the Marzocchi importers (Windwave) offer a steerer replacement service at a reasonable price, maybe worth getting in touch with the Manitou guys? Either that or someone on here will probably be able to do it for you.

Other suggestions have been the quill to ahead converters being used as steerer tube extensions, but not sure if that would work so well on a triple clamp fork.

Be curious to see how you resolve this ;)

cheers for the suggestions. its giving me a right headache :evil:

i used this when my steerer was too short

IMG_4348.jpg

iv been looking at steerer tube extenders and wondered if that would work? has any body used one?

Local welder shouldn't have any trouble welding a bit of extra on top for you, probably do it for a few beers if you ask nicely ;)

only problem with that is i dont know any welders lol, wondered if there was anybody on here that would be able to weld a bit on for me. i would be willing to pay a nice amount for doing it. ;) if anyone can help please pm me.

Take a wander around some local industrial units and head for the ones with the flickering blue glow ;)

Back