Giant anthem 1 - ***new wheels update 23/07***

v12jat

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have recently flogged my '03 GT I drive 2.0, as every time I rode it I seemed to have a problem with it! After I lost a dog bone bolt halfway through a 30 mile ride, that was the final straw!

Was initially looking for a Giant nrs frame, but really i always wanted an anthem, so when barneyballbags aka mark offered this for sale, I had to have it!

6c2e54f9.jpg

Not bad eh!?

Control wise I have some FSA k force flat bars, with a nice race face evolve stem - ti bolts of course!

Forks are something a bit different, Magura menja xc100. Cranks are race face deus xc.

00bf9f31.jpg

More to follow! ;)

They do ride real nice.

Here's mine. I need to swp pivot bearings but some numpty has over tightened the hex bolts, slightly rounded and I've not got around to fixing yet. Giant quoted £11 per bolt!!

2006_Giant_Anthem_3.jpg

Finally finished the anthem, am looking forward to getting out on it this weekend, hopefully it will see a bit of race action this coming year too!

289a6f19.jpg

788296ad.jpg

a739f330.jpg

8d2cbc30.jpg

Will get full spec up soon, still gonna do a few bits to this -

A few more ti bolts (in the seat post)
Looking for some xt centre lock rotors as well
Waiting for a new bottle cage to arrive!

What do u all think?!

Excellent.

One of those 90mm travel frames ins on my wishlist to try.

Looks in great condition.

Interested to hear how it rides. :cool:

Been out on the anthem today, first proper ride out!! Have changed the saddle for a nice light selle SLR, and changed the top cap and seat clamp for some nice mt zoom items from xcracer.com...

Just need to set the fork and shock pressures out, but it rode very very well! Almost felt quick as my Scott scale!

6a39bd97.jpg

Up at lee quarry - is that the sun shining?!

5b53c9b3.jpg

Climb up out of lee quarry to the pennine bridleway

68150858.jpg

Cragg quarry, berms. A plenty!

8d367d9d.jpg

Target acquired! The tower in the distance is holcombe tower.

757f9924.jpg

Another monster climb!

9d38752d.jpg

Up the back of ski rossendale, near the end!

I'm waiting for a pair of ti skewers, xt rotors now so will update soon!

Hope u like the pics

Great Stuff! Mate. Really liking that...Nice Pics too! Takes me back to the pre Trail Centre days out. How do you find the SLX Disc Brakes?

Back