94 S-works M2 Build

Its an early frame so same as 93' with 1" headset and 27.2 post.

Later frames had 1 1/8" and bigger seat post with separate seat collar.

I did saw some umma gumma's on ebay us the last 2 months. If I find any more (got a pair for myself now...) I'll let you know!

do you have the '93 s-works catalogue? I'm building a steel s-works from '93 at the moment, but can't find the catalogue anywhere...

it's in the archive, but it doesn't show the steel one (damaged document or something?)

Yes I do, its the big one in the picture above, using it for my 93' M2 build I'm about to start. Picture of S-Works steel is in Burgundy with dark grey decals.

Yetinut":g5095dd8 said:
Yes I do, its the big one in the picture above, using it for my 93' M2 build I'm about to start. Picture of S-Works steel is in Burgundy with dark grey decals.

if you could scan that, I would be very greatfull!! been looking for that for some time...
Others on the forum are looking too, so make us happy :D ;)

Not much update on the frame as I have send my Yeti Pro Fro off to the body shop so this is next up now that's back.

I did however spend some time on the FSX forks. They were in pretty good condition but the carbon lowers looked tatty and were starting to go nasty brown/green in places as carbon does. As I was flatting off the Yeti frame ready for clear coat I did some prep on the FSX forks. They are clear coated originally and this does peel after a while, particularly over the aluminium parts.

Once flatted and cleaned they were sent away and returned looking like new if not better, just need some repro decals. Also sent off a set of S-works Thermo bars I had that were looking shabby ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1393.JPG
    IMG_1393.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_1395.JPG
    IMG_1395.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_2323.JPG
    IMG_2323.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 566
Did a dry build up at weekend to see if I'm on right track with the build, looks good to me with the carbon FSX, but undecided about the controltech stem, although they were fitted to team bikes of this era. All stripped back down now and frame packed up to goto the paint shop for some clear coat.

Attachments

• IMG_2390.JPG
    IMG_2390.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_2389.JPG
    IMG_2389.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_2387.JPG
    IMG_2387.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 484
:)

A really nice job you are doing on this one.

Those forks look really good!. The decals look spot on pulling up a chair and watching this.

Still waiting to see how my S-works FSR Team is getting on & how I miss it.

:cool:

looking great!......im excited!!!....its a model that really stands out of a mag advert with its red paint!.....keep going!..... :D

Back