1990 Diamondback Topanga

chrisv40":2ad3rcc4 said:
I picked this up from Weeman at the Peaks ride and was immediately happy with it despite it seeming too small for me.

If you will buy off Weeman... :roll:

:LOL:

Very nice though, DB mountainbikes never really crossed my radar as a youngster, always thought of them as a BMX brand, but that definitely looks 'right' :cool:

Thanks Ped, it hasn't been out of shed for ages, must give it a ride when the weather improves.

elPedro666":tnen9z5w said:

Heightist!!!!! ;)

Agree with you on the BMX thing though, never really considered a Diamond Back until one presented itself at the scrapyard (Ascent). If I had to choose one bike to keep out of my collection (of mediocre tat) then that would be the one, it just rides so well.

weeman_mtb":zjpxq6ef said:
elPedro666":zjpxq6ef said:

Heightist!!!!! ;)

Agree with you on the BMX thing though, never really considered a Diamond Back until one presented itself at the scrapyard (Ascent). If I had to choose one bike to keep out of my collection (of mediocre tat) then that would be the one, it just rides so well.

Just meant you should know what you're getting - it's written on the tin! Of course I'm assuming your handle refers to your height... :p :LOL:

That's quite a recommendation that, I think it'll have to go on the list for my mythical garage :roll:

chrisv40":2u7cepi5 said:
Like that Ascent a lot, what year is it?
Only just noticed your question, there - my guess would be either 94 or 96, in 95 the only Ascent with a dark paintjob was in some deep purple colour.

94 seems to be when that sort of style of DB was introduced, and they looked similar in 96. In 97, I think the decals and paintwork were styled quite differently from these solid colours (could be wrong about 97, though).

nice, I had one of these, and a Sorrento BITD. Just got my WCF 4.0 back on the go, and wow, I forgot how good it is

Sweet bike, very nice condition. I just picked up a 1992 Topanga in the white with fine black spangle paint. I will have to do the same thing, get a 400 mm seatpost!

Thanks it was a lovely bike but sadly no longer with me. It has gone to a very good home though and fairly local to me too :)

Back