Muddy Fox alu? Advice please

So far, narrowed down to post '92 due to all cables top mounted and pre '97ish due to rear canti hanger, headset is 1.1/8th.
Alu pro '91 has the just the brake on top tube, changed to all 3 after then :?

EDIT: It looks like a big seat tube too 31.6mm I think, it didn't have a post with it

Vote for it on the BOTM please, a proper and affordable early ali bike rather than the usual exotica and it's still used :D

The only difference between the ALU Comp/Team/Ultimates was the shimano groupset that came with them. In this order:-

Comp - DX range
Team - XT
Ultimate - XTR (I think this was one of the first bikes with the XTR groupset)

I have a 21" Alu Team which I got in 1993 (£550) I rode it until 4 years ago but I am about to do a re-spray on it. I have stripped, upgraded, and generally tinkered with it and it has really stood the test of time. It's a super light frame and quite a soft ride considering the hard aly frame.

possibly a bit late but I thought it might help...

possibly a bit late...

Nah, it's not uncommon for threads to be reserected after 2 or 3 years :LOL:

Anyway, I still have the frame hanging on the wall, after what you've said I think i'll do a quick build on it and see what happens.

Cheers

Oh and welcome to 'Ineedmoremoney.com' :cool:

I have the same frame, mine is a lovely very shiney lightish blue colour, Alu Comp. Very light, very nice to ride and has had a lot of use, but still in very good condition and while ive bought and sold a few bikes, this is the one ive kept and will never sell. I bought a Silver Fox originally from a branch of hawk cycles in the mid 90s, the silver foxs frame started to split, I heavily complained saying it wasnt fit for use and ended up with the Alu Comp with quadra 5s on it. The spec was mis match as it came off the silver fox which had gone back to muddy fox for inspection. it must be a 93-95 model? The headset is 1 1/8, seatpost is 31.6 and mine is a 19" model. I have a Giant MCM carbon sitting by the side of it with thousands spent on high spec components, the fox still feels better to me to ride than the carbon. Maybe its just happy memories. :LOL:

Back