2005 Trimble - Completed - 15lb 4oz

Cool bike, love it.
I want to go for the same fork on my bike (disc version) but I really don't like the Trigon logo on the sides, did you get the fork like that or did you sand the logos off?

adrian":24yfkcu5 said:
Cool bike, love it.
I want to go for the same fork on my bike (disc version) but I really don't like the Trigon logo on the sides, did you get the fork like that or did you sand the logos off?

Thanks
I'm not brave enough to sand the logo off. I cheated and bought carbon affect decal and covered them :oops:
Looks fine for pictures. But in the flesh up close you can see. :)

Blimey T, thats adding extra weight!

The forks are very easy to sand off the decals, just wet sand, at 800, 1200, 1600, and 2000 grits

The hard bit is getting a good finish when re-laquering. Helps to take it to a car painter and get them to do it for a tenner

stevec1975":1z45veqy said:
Blimey T, thats adding extra weight!

The forks are very easy to sand off the decals, just wet sand, at 800, 1200, 1600, and 2000 grits

The hard bit is getting a good finish when re-laquering. Helps to take it to a car painter and get them to do it for a tenner
#

I got how to do in picture step by step form. But just can't bring myself to do it. I've removed the disc tabs so will feel brave again :LOL:

Why your last?

Things are just getting interesting in the light weight area, it should soon be possible to put incredibly light yet strong bikes together for reasonable money.

I look forward to sub twenty pounds FS that is not so exotic I am scared to leave it in the motor.

Re: My Final weight weenie project

tintin40":3vd39kt9 said:
I've only ridden on the road and it is a very very quick bike. It scares me on how quick it changes direction. Any rut, pot hole make keeping control a full time business.

With all due respect, it doesn't sound as if it'll be a bundle of laughs when you get it off-road then. Better break out the full-face helmet and the Dainese kit ;)

Re: My Final weight weenie project

Andy R":1yplpnoi said:
With all due respect, it doesn't sound as if it'll be a bundle of laughs when you get it off-road then. Better break out the full-face helmet and the Dainese kit ;)

:LOL:

True it will be a handful off road. I'm looking for a new challenge this year.

Back