Bargain Ebay bike lights

My corrosion is VERY minimal. My batteries are orange and bizarrely have the lettting scrapped off them! Obviously something they didn't want us to see.

Looks like the main positive connector (sorry.. "thin strip of metal") has burnt out. Batteries are actually perfectly fine and almost in balance.

Oooo actually.. just seen some corrosion/possible heat damage from the circuit board. Will take a look after dinner.

one of the chips on mine has the numbers scraped off the top, I think it is common practice and might denote "seconds" type components.

Circuit board was facing downwards against the battery. Looks to have a little corrosion on it and on the chip legs unfortunately.

Will see what I can do with it. I just checked the chipset, and I think it's screwed, will need a new circuit board. Batteries themselves appear to be fine.

Think I will have to put pics up tomorrow as I have to go out.

Just bought two of them £20 torches that Earl of Barnet reckons are the nuts. I can use both together for night rides and when me and #1 son are at Center Parcs in Sherwood we can use one each. Should be a laugh.

As I've ordered 2 torches, 2 chargers getting sent too, hopefully.

Also already got about four of these and I rate them:

http://www.thetorchsite.co.uk/Fenix_and ... ounts.html

I've had a load of chinese mounts with various lights and the rails or screw parts always break dead easy. Not so with these!

I've used lock blocks and found that if you mount your torch with two, an inline one around the stem and a 90 degree one under the bars, they are really secure.

I use a deal extreme block for my helmet, (just like the lock blocks) and they never move. Excellent. If they move on the handlebars, I would just recommend putting some grip tape around the bar first, but I guarantee the torch won't move in the block.

Also.. they replied about the circuit board saying they couldn't get a replacement so I have to send the whole thing back for RMA. I have asked if that is the whole lot (Light + battery + head mount etc) but they have not responded yet. However, here's the good bit.. It's a UK (yes : UK!) address for the RMA :-D

OH.. and I couldn't help myself.. I just ordered a 13000mah battery from DX: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/rechargeab ... ack-110679

They also do a slightly smaller 9600 unit as well. Looking around the web, it seems they are actually the capacity they say they are.. but I'll let you know :-D (good for me anyway, as I use a USB connection to power my lights as well as all my other equipment lol.

Well.. I posted it back to the a UK address for the RMA, and they have now requested £7 to send another to me.

A bit odd I thought, as they ship everything free normally.. so to charge me for a defective item (It is outside there 90 days though) to be replaced is a bit harsh.. especially as it only cost me £3.85 to post it to them tracked in the first place.

Will let you know.

Back