kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
G'day..

Spotted these shifters on Ebay and was wondering what the general opinion of them was?

Either: Genius! They're a great way to recreate that thumbie shift without paying thru the teeth for old XT units..

Or: Holy Moley man, haven't you got a soul? There's only one thumbie - The XT 7Speeder. Okay.. Two.. The Deore II Thumbie as well..

Attachments

• d6_1_b.JPG
    d6_1_b.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,380
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Mmmm, for me you can't beat the XT thumbie, but these would be a good bet if you can't get hold of a set...

Have you checked out Pauls conversion...and in multi colours... simular to the one you have above :LOL:

Rich

Yeah got my eye on these Paul's units at the moment.. I reckon if these go thru the roof and as you said, I can't find a good set of XTs..

Anyone got any Paul converted thumbies jus' lyin' around per chance..? :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sjs bought up the rights to the forge thumbie mounts, if you want a 9 speed, or a 10 speed with dura ace, retro thumbie bike you cant beat them. They put the thumbies in a bit of a better position than the Pauls in my opinion, and are british! On the downside the bolts are too small and often round as they use small dome heads so swap em out for proper bolts

pete_mcc":3c0q3wo5 said:
On the downside the bolts are too small and often round as they use small dome heads so swap em out for proper bolts

Given that that is one part of two for the product, that's pretty lame..?

The SJS ones are £65 , surely you can find a set of XT for less , but not in 9 speed .

I've got a set of the pauls units, and bought 3 sets of the forge units when forge MTB went out of business. I've also got a set of XT thumbies and to be honest I prefer the pauls as the shifters are a lot more positive. The forge ones are decent enough but they make the shifter sit quite high up and it looks rather prone to snapping off in a stack (although they haven't yet so this may be unfounded, they work great anyway).
pauls thumbies
forge thumbie mounts
Yes that is a camera, no sniggering at the back.

Stevet1, I like it mate, nice setup.. Almost got a clunker feel to those shifters eh..

Well, I think my mind's made up, it may be a bit Whitney Houston*, but SJS just got a new customer..

* It's not right, but it's okay :p

Back