The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
slh40":1ikfq6k1 said:
elPedro666":1ikfq6k1 said:
That's £350 in '88 though remember, you could get a car for that... :roll: :LOL:

The car I had in '88 cost me £100 :LOL:

Is it still going...? :p

My current LPG powered beast was £220 and it's big enough to live comfortably in! :LOL:

*ahem*

Back on track, sorry :oops: ;)

Theeb":9ydwcwsk said:
I'd appreciate help with pricing this please:

A Knight frame with an assortment of complimentary bits:
531 butted f+f, Campag dropouts. 59cm x 57cm
27" Rigida rims on Pelissier (French) hubs, Michelin Elan 25mm tyres)
Suntour band-on shifters
Suntour SVX rear mech
Selle Italia Exo Saddle
SR stem, unbranded bars
Dura-ace front mech
Dura-ace brakes with Weinmann levers
Allez chainset (52-42)
Tange headset
Dura-ace cable clips (hardly relevant, but a nice touch!)
Am thinking £200-£230 - does that sound right, or would I be under/over selling it?
Thanks.
You might do better to post this question in the Road Bike forum, there's another what's it worth thread there.

Anthony":1i6cuaen said:
You might do better to post this question in the Road Bike forum, there's another what's it worth thread there.

Oh yeah...I hadn't realised this was an MTB-specific thread...I took 'one and only' to mean just that...!
Thanks for the tip...I'll post it over there as well and see what comes...

wheels004.jpg

British Eagle Shadow (SS Conversion)
Reynolds 531 All terrain Tubing. 15'' Frame
Wheels and cranks are off a 90's ridgeback, Shimano canti's with tektro levers.

Paint is still in reasonable nick, stickers are peeling off in places,. Just been fully serviced so is ready to roll. better photo's here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v61/tom_down/Bikes/British Eagle Shadow/[/img]

Rock Shox Mag 21 1in threaded steerer

RSMag21.jpg

Very good condition, not sure of year but I'm guessing as they are silver lowers and alloy stanchions they are quite late, not sure if they are the Bonty one's too as they have a black crown - maybe someone else will know this? Got these about 5 years ago but never used but they held air and the damping works fine.

Any ideas of value?

Thanks.

Sorry, just seen this thread after posting in the classifieds:
I have, possibly for sale, my 1999 Cannondale Raven. I bought this new in Canada - still have the receipt for over $3000 (from Dukes, in Toronto).
Not long after I bought it, I bought a set of Moto Freeride forks, from Florida, to Upgrade. (still have the receipt for $600 I think).

Basically, this is just the frame, crank, forks and Fox shock I have. Could easily put the hyd brakes, wheels, etc, back on to make the bike complete.

Can anyone give me an idea how much this might be worth? The frame is in good condition and has had fairly light use. It's just taking up space in my garage. Like I said, I have original receipts and lots of Cannondale literature.

I now have a Rocky Mountain Slayer and no time to "tinker" with the Dale (plus, I have no need for 2 bikes).

I can e-mail pics if you like.

Thanks for looking, Chris

Not sure whether I should sell my GT STS 1000DS or not!
The shock has been unbolted while the stays are polished.
What's it worth?!

XnOs86-9_original.jpg

madcjd":1ghci908 said:
no time to "tinker" with the Dale (plus, I have no need for 2 bikes).

Are you sure you're on the right forum Chris...? :p :LOL:

Sorry I don't have anything useful to say today... :oops:

Re: Storm

nelly":3lnytrki said:
Early 90's Breezer Storm F&F's with stem & BB........good condition apart from expected paint chips.
What is it worth? Its an 18" so I am looking to sell or trade for something a little bigger.....preferably something Canadian.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184063
I think you need to try a bit harder TBH. e.g., they didn't do a size 18, so what size is it (centre of bb to top of seat tube)? What are the other dimensions? What year is it (serial number)? What tubeset is it? [Should be Ritchey Logic] 1" head tube? More pictures to demonstrate what condition it is in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back