Rocky Mountain Spice

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
hi
got this a couple years ago from a friend. frame is in almost mint condition. i drag it out for a spin occasionally. took it for a 4 1/2 hour ride yesterday.
roy

Attachments

• RM Spice 004.JPG
    RM Spice 004.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,849
  • RM Spice 003.JPG
    RM Spice 003.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,848
  • RM Spice 002.JPG
    RM Spice 002.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 1,848
  • RM Spice 001.JPG
    RM Spice 001.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,853
Is that a 1998 frame, still with its original Fox Vanilla? It looks as though the fork is a bit of an upgrade from an Indy C LT though! Where was it built? How does it ride?

hi
i believe it is a 1998. been awhile since i checked it out. and it is the original fox vanilla. still working fine. the front fork is a replacement/upgrade. someome had backed over the fork and it was broken. that is why it hadn't been ridden. stored away in crawlspace. i also upgraded to avid arch rival vee brakes and a higher end gripshipt from what was on it. number escapes me at the moment. it has a built in canada decal on downtube. i like the ride. i can appreciate a bit of suspension from time to time to smooth out the trails.
recently picked up a set of avid mag brake lever for it. that is why i thought o ride it this past weekend. levers are sort of a copper colour that matches frame quite nicely.
roy

Maybe the Spice is a bit underrated, just because it was cheaper than some of the other bikes, but in 1998 it seems to have been the same Easton frame as an Element Race, and good to know it was also built in Delta. With the more capable fork it must be a really nice bike, not to mention being such a nice colour.

Re:

Anthony":ymz8adq7 said:
Maybe the Spice is a bit underrated, just because it was cheaper than some of the other bikes, but in 1998 it seems to have been the same Easton frame as an Element Race, and good to know it was also built in Delta. With the more capable fork it must be a really nice bike, not to mention being such a nice colour.

I totally agree. I happened to find that particular Spice in my size and am just in the process of building it with parts it deserves.

For sure the fork will have to go, as the shock has to make room for an air dampened one. Wheels will be others, too. Especially because of the colour I look forward to having that completed and ride it in the sun. :)

Cheers,
Thomas

Back