UNIVEGA ALPINA PRO 1991

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Built up pretty much as it would have been specced minus front mech!

Tange Frame& Forks
Nice handbuilt XT on Campag wheels
Ritchey Megabite WCS
XT headset
Zoom stem
Syncros Bars
SS5s
Sunrace!!!shifter(it works!!!)
XT BB
Sugino Cranks w Pace ring
HG70 chain & cassette
DX Mech
DX brakes
Zoom post
Flite saddle

Love the shape of the chainstays...

Attachments

• UNIVEGA 1.jpg
    UNIVEGA 1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 4,671
  • UNIVEGA 3.jpg
    UNIVEGA 3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 4,673
Thanks for the comms chaps- I was going for the understated look- A load of purple bling would have looked stupid I think. It is very nice to ride... I rejected an explosif in favour of it!!! (but what do I know)

CTK":3tb4q1du said:
I rejected an explosif in favour of it!!! (but what do I know)

I think you've done right there.
Kona's are nice, dont get me wrong, but they are EVERYWHERE!
I personally would rather have a rare bike than a common one.

Pic update...Dropped stays- what attracted me to frame in 1st place :cool:

Attachments

• stays.jpg
    stays.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 4,381
Understated - nice.

There's 3 Univega Alpinas in my shed - a 506 (LX /XT mix) and a 502 (stx) from about '96 the 502 was my daughter's. and a 504 from 97 which I bought as a frame & forks (rock shox indys).

They all have the 'Max Mudroom' dropped chainstays. Nice frames - double butted 4130 cromolly throughout, tripple bottlecage mounts, rack mounts.

The 506 was used as my main bike for commuting, touring and off roading for 5 years doing about 5000 miles a year.

5000 miles a year is alot- don't think I managed that including my car haha- The problem is my commute is too short 2 miles ish each way... Had a taxi driver beep me the other day and say "hey man you fast- I follow you, you going 40 miles an hour!"
To be fair I was on my road bike and had had a half mile long downhill approach to the road he was following me on. Still felt good though!

I had 48 mph up on my Univega in Wales, riding from the Coed de Brennin back to Telford on knobbly tyres - I would have gone over 50 but held back because of 'Loose Chippings' signs. :shock:

Back