1989 saracen tufftrax

mrlee

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have just got this in a little bundle of bikes, I had a frame only a couple of years back but thought I would wait to see what else turns up so I sold it, glad I did, its pretty much standard just needs a right good clean a rear white brake cable a saddle and some circa grips, I dont think it will be as nice as kaytronica's or brocklanders (both stunning) but I think it wont be far off, im going to be stripping this of all its parts as there caked in ???
as I received it
IMAG1916.jpg

and after a quick wash and amberwalls
IMAG1919.jpg

anyone have a touchup colour # for this ?
Lee.

Good to see you've joined the club mate! Mine was in similar condition to yours by the look of it so hit it hard with T-Cut + polish and you'll be suprised how well it comes up. Defo looks quite original but drop me a PM if you want to check any of the spec.

I find mine rides quite 'upright'. Good for a pootle but wouldn't want to go too far on it. Seem to remember this from bitd. The Clockwork that replaced my Tufftrax felt much more like a flying machine.

Is it the one that was on ebay last week? Nearly had a punt myself for the wheels as mine need looking at. Good score if it is that one.

yes its a pal of mine I didnt know he had it, £40 which I think is reasonable, theres a fair bit of rurface rust but like you said t-cut is the answer, already tried a little and theres some nice bright blue under there,
you still got that eiger?

Nope, got rid when I got my hands on the Tufftrax. It's sitting upstairs looking pretty but doesn't get out much. Think they must grow 89 Tufftrax over your way 'cos that's where mine came from! What are your plans for it?

its having a full valet and then a ride or two to see what she's like, I would like to keep so I will see when finished, im going as close to original as possible with this one.

thinking back when I was a nipper all my mates had saracens they were everywere, I had a 1988 britisheagle volcanic then a 1990 kona lavadome so this is the first complete saracen I have had my hands on :cool:

Sounds like a plan! Good to see the little plastic covers still on the canti cable :cool: The brakes look a bit pants but work suprisingly well once set up.

Love it Lee. I was tempted by one of these on eBay recently. Looks like yours has scrubbed up nicely.

By the way, I've got Brock's old Eiger frame and forks. It came to me via Chrisv40 and I'm nearly in a position to get it all built up.

Looking nice pal.
Can remember using Edds Tufftrax on a holiday in Hunstanton with him on his Clockwork, a very long time ago :roll: :D

drystonepaul":3dmn7jjb said:
Love it Lee. I was tempted by one of these on eBay recently. Looks like yours has scrubbed up nicely.

By the way, I've got Brock's old Eiger frame and forks. It came to me via Chrisv40 and I'm nearly in a position to get it all built up.

Round and round they go it used to be mine (I think) :cool:
its being started this weekend should only take a day or so, the joys of being a work shy fop ;) :LOL:

anyone got a saracen bottle cage in blue?

Back