1990 Marin Pine Mountain (Rescue!)

This build is sort of reminding me of the automotive rat-car look, where people leave the bodywork to look shabby and crap but then bolt on really shiny alloys and other chrome bits........

Like my Bus...

Attachments

• 113-tiltshift[1].jpg
    113-tiltshift[1].jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 2,051
Got a few nice bits for the Pine Mountain over xmas, Charge Spoon saddle, XT brakes, XT headset and XT seatpin. I've swapped over to my Schwalbe Kojaks too for quicker road riding.....

Messed around with some light painting last night.....

marin lite by sherlylock, on Flickr

Unbelievable job on that rear derailleur :shock: - I'm noting all the tips here...

Did you get those skinwall tyres cleaned up easily? What did you use?

Damn that's a lot of time I just lost in your photostream! :roll:

Some fantastic stuff though, not time wasted at all ;)

Rich34":3a9tj4yb said:
Unbelievable job on that rear derailleur :shock: - I'm noting all the tips here...

Did you get those skinwall tyres cleaned up easily? What did you use?

Yeah, reasonably clean - the rear was the worst but they cleaned up OK - think I ended up using bleach on them. Dunno whether that has any detrimental effect on the rubber but I've used them for a few months without any issue. Needless to say with the current weather they don't look clean any more. In fact I've recently swapped back onto my Schwalbe Kojak skinnies......

elPedro666":3liw2vsc said:
Damn that's a lot of time I just lost in your photostream! :roll:

Some fantastic stuff though, not time wasted at all ;)

Cheers! Bit of a mixed bag my photostream. There's no one subject that I've concentrated on since I bought my dSLR, other than long exposure. I'm loving light painting/star trails/general night time photography at the mo.....

Quite like the way you've thrown stuff up as a little insight into how you're working through techniques, as well as them being great images in their own right.

Enough of that though, anything else turned orange yet...? ;)

elPedro666":3u4s2hgy said:
Quite like the way you've thrown stuff up as a little insight into how you're working through techniques, as well as them being great images in their own right.

Enough of that though, anything else turned orange yet...? ;)

Cheers - I've learnt a lot through Flickr so I've thought it good to put a bit of waffle about what I've done so that others can learn from it. Good to give something back!

As for the orange - the Marin lite bottle cage got stripped and is now orange....along with the mesh on the server cabinet fans at work where the orange spray dust has made it's (fairly long) way (it has to be said) from the the workshop where I sprayed the forks/stem! Ooops.

I've just bought a girvin flexstem to have a play with - if it seems like a worthwhile addition I may paint that to match too......

Latest posts

Back